8:14 PM - Aug 28, 2018 #781

gator wrote: FC it really is unfortunate that you and other hardcore liberals (not all liberals) are so quick to label people racist and xenophobic. I guess is must have to do with your superiority complex that is so well displayed here day in and day out.

Republicans have zero interest in the news....wow....Not true at all. And I'm just going to leave it at that.
Their only interest in the REAL news is to attack it and vilify it, since it does not function as a propaganda outlet for the Republican Party. 

Interest in Fox "News" is NOT interest in News. It is the opposite. Same goes for your other favorite "news" outlets, such as Drudge, NewsMax, Breitbart, etc. Not news. Propaganda and distortions. 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

9:31 PM - Aug 28, 2018 #782

Fortune Cookie wrote:
gator wrote: FC it really is unfortunate that you and other hardcore liberals (not all liberals) are so quick to label people racist and xenophobic. I guess is must have to do with your superiority complex that is so well displayed here day in and day out.

Republicans have zero interest in the news....wow....Not true at all. And I'm just going to leave it at that.
Their only interest in the REAL news is to attack it and vilify it, since it does not function as a propaganda outlet for the Republican Party. 

Interest in Fox "News" is NOT interest in News. It is the opposite. Same goes for your other favorite "news" outlets, such as Drudge, NewsMax, Breitbart, etc. Not news. Propaganda and distortions. 
CNNs website is pretty good and I get a lot of my news there, but I usually avoid their TV Channel because its usually a 24/7 Trump Bash Fest. Sometimes I just want to get the news, you know?
Same goes for FOX News, I occasionally visit the website, but avoid their Channel because they can be overly biased as well. Most of these TV personalities have over inflated egos and let their minor celebrity go to their heads. This is true for both sides of the aisle.

About those other sites you listed. Not sure what kind of people visit them, certainly not your average Republican from my experience. At least no one in my family, many who are lifelong Republicans. Maybe this is why I come to he defense of Republicans sometimes. I don't appreciate people acting like all Republicans are subhuman. The Trump Thread here has a lot of good points, but there's a lot of unnecessary bashing in it. I sometimes wonder if it will end up in the Dead Horse Bar & Grille.

I'm sorry FC, but I'm not Far Right. I know you want me to be for whatever reason, but I'm just not. I lean right on Guns and Immigration and left for the rest of the issues. Believe what you want, I  could care less.

That is all.

11:34 PM - Aug 28, 2018 #783

I see. So, in your mind, CNN and Fox "News" are equivalent, but opposite, correct?

If you don't think those "other sites" are legit, then maybe you should stop posting links from them? 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

3:42 AM - Aug 29, 2018 #784

William Taylor.e wrote: Although I have never seen a video game I have a suspicion that they are full of violence. Does this lead to or lesson violence among the ones who watch them?
Well, William, there are all kinds of video games out there, and a wide range of violence levels. If you are just getting started, might I suggest one you might like?  Grand Theft: Farm Animals

6:46 AM - Aug 29, 2018 #785

Here’s the problem —- the cable networks have lessened the portion of air time for hard news and increased time for commmentary/panel shows. And TV news as a whole have become dependent on newspaper reporting for a lot of in depth, investigative pieces —- and considering the state of the newspaper business, that’s a problem as well.

7:32 AM - Aug 29, 2018 #786

gator wrote:CNNs website is pretty good and I get a lot of my news there, but I usually avoid their TV Channel because its usually a 24/7 Trump Bash Fest. Sometimes I just want to get the news, you know?
Same goes for FOX News, I occasionally visit the website, but avoid their Channel because they can be overly biased as well. Most of these TV personalities have over inflated egos and let their minor celebrity go to their heads. This is true for both sides of the aisle.

About those other sites you listed. Not sure what kind of people visit them, certainly not your average Republican from my experience. At least no one in my family, many who are lifelong Republicans. Maybe this is why I come to he defense of Republicans sometimes. I don't appreciate people acting like all Republicans are subhuman. The Trump Thread here has a lot of good points, but there's a lot of unnecessary bashing in it. I sometimes wonder if it will end up in the Dead Horse Bar & Grille.

I'm sorry FC, but I'm not Far Right. I know you want me to be for whatever reason, but I'm just not. I lean right on Guns and Immigration and left for the rest of the issues. Believe what you want, I  could care less.

That is all.
"This is true for both sides of the aisle"?!  Well, that is where you lose the plot. Mostly.
It's like saying Manchester United and Gloucester HS Girl's soccer teams are the same...because they play soccer.
Or, "There are good people on both sides".

I know you are smarter than this.

8:39 AM - Aug 29, 2018 #787

No, he's not. He may have you fooled, but he's simply not. 

Sorry. 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

9:15 AM - Aug 29, 2018 #788

Fortune Cookie wrote: No, he's not. He may have you fooled, but he's simply not. 

Sorry.
Yes, he is. Don't be such a full-on schmuck all the time, FC. Part of the problem.

Sorry.

12:08 PM - Aug 29, 2018 #789

He has repeatedly displayed exactly zero media savviness. At some point, you have to look beyond the facade of reasonableness he projects to see what's really underneath. 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

2:35 PM - Aug 29, 2018 #790

Why are we so quick to judge people.....and insult them... rather than simply disagree?  I have voted mostly Republican but am an independent...I voted for Obama twice and I embrace some Democratic ideals and I have the impression that Democrats vote from an emotional heart and Republicans from a more pragmatic and practical center. Both sides are right sometimes and both sides are wrong sometimes and I am easily persuaded to switch....sometimes!
You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give..

2:45 PM - Aug 29, 2018 #791

Seriously? You think Republicans vote from a pragmatic and practical center?

What the Hell planet have you been living on? 

Wake up. 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

5:15 PM - Aug 29, 2018 #792

gator has a good sense of self.  I think if he does not feel something someone says about him to be true, he dismisses it pretty immediately and doesn't dwell on it.  I know that is what I do.  However it could change the way I feel about the person who says it.  

*t*

9:22 PM - Sep 06, 2018 #793

Defensive Gun Use

what a crock

http://reason.com/blog/2018/09/04/what- ... on-defensi

please note this section:
>>>>
. The states for which a meaningful comparison could be made between his NSDS and this CDC survey, then, were, in 1996, Kentucky, Louisiana (also surveyed in 1998), Maryland, New Hampshire (also surveyed in 1997), New York, and West Virginia; in 1997, Colorado, Missouri, New Jersey (also surveyed in 1998), North Dakota, and Ohio; and in 1998, Montana and Pennsylvania.

In the group of states (minus Alaska and Hawaii) that BRFSS surveyed over those three years, the BRFSS found raw numbers of 55 (1996), 29 (1997), and 33 (1998) DGUs.

<<<<<

stupid and bizarre reasoning, at the height of crime in this country, as few as 29 DGUs, in 6 states

oh brother

Oh, Reason is a conservative site.......

7:13 PM - Sep 07, 2018 #794

Oh, look. Another black guy killed by a cop. Inside his own house. That she entered, thinking it was her own. And now she's on the lam.
MAGA

7:31 PM - Sep 07, 2018 #795

Yay, America! 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

9:38 PM - Sep 07, 2018 #796

battlingignorance wrote: Oh, look. Another black guy killed by a cop. Inside his own house. That she entered, thinking it was her own. And now she's on the lam.
MAGA
If this officer isn't prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, then I just fucking give up. Where'd you hear she took off?

12:12 PM - Sep 08, 2018 #797

I can't find the link, now. Perhaps that was brief.

12:51 PM - Sep 08, 2018 #798

This latest murder is not one that the President can as a punch line at his rallies.

It lacks the panache of a Mexican on White assault.

1:10 PM - Sep 08, 2018 #799

I'm not sure if this counts as "on the lam", but...

Police haven't released the identity of the officer, though they did confirm she's a white female. The officer is not in police custody and Hall said Friday afternoon she wasn't sure of the officer's current location.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dalla ... 75981.html
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

3:38 PM - Sep 08, 2018 #800

DM3194 wrote: This latest murder is not one that the President can as a punch line at his rallies.

It lacks the panache of a Mexican on White assault.
"panache", eh?  I'd love to hear the Orange Asshole try to pronounce that.