The Anthem Protests

Leland33
Joined: 02 Apr 2011, 03:07

27 Sep 2017, 01:32 #61

I think there are WH specialists that focus on Kim Jong-in interests in American sports. Do you suppose "FIRE THE S.O,Bs" was a tactic a specialist dreamed up????

I noticed Trump is dangerously not using his TelePrompTer lately.

What American sports does KJu follow? Board games??? How's he at splashing in the kiddie pool??

Does he know the Asian board game "Go". My mentor tried teaching me many many years ago. Boy did I feel stupid. We never even finished a game.
Reply

wikileaksonweed
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 16:19

27 Sep 2017, 01:51 #62

Leland33 wrote: I noticed Trump is dangerously not using his TelePrompTer lately.
"lately??" O_o
Listen to my and Larry's dumb thoughts at http://soundcloud.com/wikileaksonweed
Reply

gator
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 20:12

27 Sep 2017, 03:00 #63

Leland33 wrote: I think there are WH specialists that focus on Kim Jong-in interests in American sports.  Do you suppose "FIRE THE S.O,Bs" was a tactic a specialist dreamed up????

I noticed Trump is dangerously not using his TelePrompTer lately.

What American sports does KJu follow?  Board games??? How's he at splashing in the kiddie pool??

Does he know the Asian board game "Go".  My mentor tried teaching me many many years ago.  Boy did I feel stupid.  We never even finished a game.
I've always wanted to learn the game "Go" as well. It was a favorite of the late Howard Marks. RIP
Reply

Leland33
Joined: 02 Apr 2011, 03:07

27 Sep 2017, 03:22 #64

GO in two minutes:

Reply

t
Joined: 11 Aug 2007, 04:04

27 Sep 2017, 11:38 #65

Thong Extractor wrote:
t wrote:
Thong Extractor wrote: Who fucking cares. 99% of protests do absolutely nothing and usually ptotested by ill-informed nitwits, just like the occupy wall street assholes that just wanted free shit and were the biggest bunch of clueless dickweeds that I've ever seen and accomplished ZERO.
I'm sure some of the protesting NFL players work in their communities to help change things but I'll bet more than half the trendy kneelers do nothing to help any situation.  To me the entire thing is a mild annoyance and affects my life in no way so have at it fellas. I'll still stand and take off my hat at local sporting events for the anthem, what you do is your business.
100 percent of your posts do nothing but prove you are an uninformed nitwit

These NFL players do way more than you do for their communities, and there are thousands of minority young males and their parents who are immensely grateful that they are trying to bring attention to the issue.

On the other hand, not one of them cares what you think of them

At least occupy wall street protestors put some effort into their opinions
You have no idea what I do for the Cape Ann community.
Many NFL players do help, many do not.
I don't expect any of them to care what I think, I will still watch football and as I stated I don't really give a fuck if they protest or not.  I will still respect the flag during the national anthem, my choice...if others don't that's their choice.
Occupy nitwits couldn't even answer why they were living in their own filth and getting high every day - Absolutely nothing positive came out of it.
Please give me one positive example of change as a result of NFL players protesting.
I'm glad you are proud of yourself

I do see your negative affect on the Cape Ann Community


Since you are not affected by the issues raised by the NFL players, one would not expect you to care about their issues.' Hey it can't happen to me so it is unimportant'
Typical winger thinking
how about some of these protesters contributions that dwarf any petty attempts you make:
https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/6/ ... -donations

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-player ... undations/

'some players', you ignorant, pompous ass, most NFL players[who make any money] have their own charitable organization

As for what has become of the protests, they are designed to raise awareness, so total success.

How about showing that of all people, Jerry Jones is morally superior to the POTUS. In what bizarro world is that normal?
Reply

Thong Extractor
Joined: 28 Feb 2008, 22:45

27 Sep 2017, 12:34 #66

t wrote:
Thong Extractor wrote:
t wrote:
Thong Extractor wrote: Who fucking cares. 99% of protests do absolutely nothing and usually ptotested by ill-informed nitwits, just like the occupy wall street assholes that just wanted free shit and were the biggest bunch of clueless dickweeds that I've ever seen and accomplished ZERO.
I'm sure some of the protesting NFL players work in their communities to help change things but I'll bet more than half the trendy kneelers do nothing to help any situation.  To me the entire thing is a mild annoyance and affects my life in no way so have at it fellas. I'll still stand and take off my hat at local sporting events for the anthem, what you do is your business.
100 percent of your posts do nothing but prove you are an uninformed nitwit

These NFL players do way more than you do for their communities, and there are thousands of minority young males and their parents who are immensely grateful that they are trying to bring attention to the issue.

On the other hand, not one of them cares what you think of them

At least occupy wall street protestors put some effort into their opinions
You have no idea what I do for the Cape Ann community.
Many NFL players do help, many do not.
I don't expect any of them to care what I think, I will still watch football and as I stated I don't really give a fuck if they protest or not.  I will still respect the flag during the national anthem, my choice...if others don't that's their choice.
Occupy nitwits couldn't even answer why they were living in their own filth and getting high every day - Absolutely nothing positive came out of it.
Please give me one positive example of change as a result of NFL players protesting.
I'm glad you are proud of yourself

I do see your negative affect on the Cape Ann Community


Since you are not affected by the issues raised by the NFL players, one would not expect you to care about their issues.' Hey it can't happen to me so it is unimportant'
Typical winger thinking
how about some of these protesters contributions that dwarf any petty attempts you make:
https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/6/ ... -donations

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-player ... undations/

'some players', you ignorant, pompous ass, most NFL players[who make any money] have their own charitable organization

As for what has become of the protests, they are designed to raise awareness, so total success.

How about showing that of all people, Jerry Jones is morally superior to the POTUS. In what bizarro world is that normal?
Learn some reading comprehension dipshit.  I wasn't bragging about anything I do, merely pointing out this an anonymous post and you have no fucking clue about my life ( or life in general for that matter).
Raising awareness is such a lofty goal for the millions that were spent on occupy that raised awareness only in how utterly fucking stupid you liberal retards are. The same with this kneeling bullshit, it has not raised awareness on any single issue except the kneeling itself.  What a fucking lame response on change.
Keep on with your mental masturbation.
Reply

t
Joined: 11 Aug 2007, 04:04

27 Sep 2017, 12:44 #67

.... I wasn't bragging about anything I do.....

yeah you were

pathetic pedantic purposeless
Reply

Fortune Cookie
Joined: 13 Nov 2010, 17:37

27 Sep 2017, 13:01 #68

t wrote: .... I wasn't bragging about anything I do.....

yeah you were

pathetic pedantic purposeless
you left out "puerile". 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Fortune Cookie

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Reply

battlingignorance
Joined: 01 Sep 2012, 12:06

27 Sep 2017, 13:46 #69

Not getting laid much, recently Thongster?

Breathe, Man......breathe.
Reply

William Taylor.e
Joined: 30 Mar 2007, 04:27

27 Sep 2017, 16:19 #70

Dun Fudgin wrote:
William Taylor.e wrote:
Fortune Cookie wrote:
It's disrespectful to display the flag outdoors in bad weather, especially high winds.

You mean like those unpatriotic dopes who stick a huge flag in the back of their F-150 and cruise around at 75 on the highway (hurricane force winds -- is that a high enough wind to be considered disrespectful??), flying it day and night, splattering it with mud and grime and soot from their coal roller, ripping it to muddy, soiled, DISRESPECTED tatters? 

Is the the kind of disrespect to which you refer? 
Do we take the boulevard flags down in bad weather or lower them at night?  I think not.
I believe the flag at Kent Circle is illuminated and that's allowable. I'm not sure about the giant flag near the original bridge house.
And today Ladder 1 of the GFD was driving around with a flag tied along the back of the truck. Sure looked to me like it was a permanent addition. In the scope of things going on today I would rather see this topic ignored.
You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give..
Reply

Damon
Joined: 25 Jun 2007, 22:00

27 Sep 2017, 17:08 #71

I think the firemen have a perfect right to drive the truck around with a flag on it and I defend their right to do so. I would also defend their right not to do so.
Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?...   ..........
 George Orwell , 1984
Reply

battlingignorance
Joined: 01 Sep 2012, 12:06

27 Sep 2017, 17:09 #72

Flying flags from the back of pick-ups....faux militaristic goons. They should go drive around Fallujah to show their brand of tough "patriotism".
Reply

Thong Extractor
Joined: 28 Feb 2008, 22:45

27 Sep 2017, 17:54 #73

battlingignorance wrote: Not getting laid much, recently Thongster?

Breathe, Man......breathe.
shooting-fish.jpg
Reply

William Taylor.e
Joined: 30 Mar 2007, 04:27

28 Sep 2017, 01:22 #74

Damon wrote: I think the firemen have a perfect right to drive the truck around with a flag on it and I defend their right to do so. I would also defend their right not to do so.
Sure, anyone has the right to do just about anything.....but rule two says it is a no:    https://www.firerescue1.com/community-a ... apparatus/
You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give..
Reply

Fortune Cookie
Joined: 13 Nov 2010, 17:37

28 Sep 2017, 02:46 #75

And 5 and maybe 8. 

Of course, "disrespect" seems to depend on who, exactly, it is who is "disrespecting" the flag. 
Teabaggers and racists apparently get a pass, and can treat the flag any way they damned well please. 

But if you're of a more swarthy complexion... 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Fortune Cookie

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Reply

brainfix
Joined: 04 Jun 2006, 00:10

28 Sep 2017, 09:35 #76

We are promised liberty and justice for ALL by the Pledge of Allegiance. It is painfully obvious that people of color do not share the same liberties or degree of justice afforded white folks. The protests are all about that, NOT disrespecting veterans, questioning patriotism or any other ideological concept. The reactionary idiots who are attacking those who kneel or the entire NFL are clueless assholes and should be disregarded as irrelevant. Taking a knee is an exercise in free speech and symbolic of silent dissent, which is every American's right. If you don't like it for some misguided reason, don't fucking watch!!
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." - Christopher Hitchens
Reply

gloman
Joined: 25 Jan 2008, 05:11

28 Sep 2017, 11:14 #77

brainfix wrote: We are promised liberty and justice for ALL by the Pledge of Allegiance. It is painfully obvious that people of color do not share the same liberties or degree of justice afforded white folks. The protests are all about that, NOT disrespecting veterans, questioning patriotism or any other ideological concept. The reactionary idiots who are attacking those who kneel or the entire NFL are clueless assholes and should be disregarded as irrelevant. Taking a knee is an exercise in free speech and symbolic of silent dissent, which is every American's right. If you don't like it for some misguided reason, don't fucking watch!!
You nailed it Brain!
Taking a knee in sports is also a sign of concern.
Trump can give cover to the extreme right, but vilifiys organisations that are mainly minority. Fits his base to a T💩
Reply

NightStalker
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 05:02

28 Sep 2017, 12:31 #78

While watching Ken Burns' Vietnam on PBS they were up to 1968 and said that the country had not been that divided (war & civil rights) since the Civil War.      If they only knew what 2017 was going to be!!
You think you know it, but you haven't got a clue!!
Reply

Fortune Cookie
Joined: 13 Nov 2010, 17:37

28 Sep 2017, 23:54 #79

I'm watching the Packers-Bears pregame. I've decided I'm a Packers fan. Why? They're the last of the old small community professional teams. And they're community-owned and non-profit. 

They'll probably be the last to squelch their player's rights of free speech, although the for-profit teams have, remarkably, put principle ahead of an expedient buck. For now. 

I can't wait for the display of solidarity, unity, and principle we are about to witness. 

Go! You Packers Go!
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Fortune Cookie

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Reply

battlingignorance
Joined: 01 Sep 2012, 12:06

29 Sep 2017, 12:23 #80

Thong Extractor wrote:
battlingignorance wrote: Not getting laid much, recently Thongster?

Breathe, Man......breathe.
shooting-fish.jpg
But when you do it so often...your bullets get wet.
Reply