Satanic Temple International Headquarters opening in Salem!!!

Karly
Joined: 20 Feb 2010, 02:12

23 Sep 2016, 22:30 #21

Well...I guess I will be appropriately dressed for the Satantic Temple International Headquarters!  I actually ordered an in-between season jacket in a different color today so my aunt is making progress!
Reply

Trevor Slattery
Joined: 07 May 2015, 16:18

23 Sep 2016, 22:51 #22

Thoughts:

I will definitely visit after they settle in, not during October.  

 The few real satanists I've known are a lot nicer people than many 'true Christians' I've known.  

I've never been ball busted by a Satanist. Can't say the same for devout Christians.  Especially those who were very active in the church or even deacons.

Satanists are non-judgmental, sincere, open, kind and accepting people.  See above for opposite Christian behavior.  

I'm not religious, (recovering) but if I had to chose one based on based on some old folklore it would likely be this one. 

​Satan got a bad rap.  
 
Reply

Karly
Joined: 20 Feb 2010, 02:12

23 Sep 2016, 23:00 #23

I am also recovering religious...actually I think recovered.  If it makes someone feel good, I will pray for them.  I am more about mountains, ocean, energy and kind people.   There are kind people who are involved with organized religion and kind people who are not.  It doesn't matter to me who people worship, if anyone.   It matters to me how they treat other people.
Reply

DM3194
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 22:54

24 Sep 2016, 02:26 #24

While some in the local community seem worried about the Temple’s Satanic imagery, Salem City Council President Josh Turiel, doesn’t see what the fuss is about, telling Reuters, "We've had weirder things pretty much on every other street corner." Despite the devil imagery, the Satanic Temple is mostly devoted to civic causes relating to the separation of church and state, and they hope to become a valued member of the Salem community. To that we say, Hail Satan! ---Obscura, Sept. 23 2016
Reply

Leland33
Joined: 02 Apr 2011, 03:07

24 Sep 2016, 02:54 #25

There are about 200,000 UU's (including RE) in 1,000 churches. (No growth in 50 years). Typically a UU. has multiple interests

Satanism has about 5,000 members. Any form of good fellowship not just UU's, could compare to the fellowship of Satanism:

I've made a natural transition from Christian church to Unitarian church. The ministers have all been interesting creators of sermons and general storytelling. The strange part was UU no creed and the referring to God varied.

I've viewed Satanism and "underworld" as the same thing but I'm not into it: The new center sounds worth seeing. I have no doubt in their goodwill. Was Witch Laurie a Satanists??? UU's are into personal growth and commonly signup for workshops and curriculum. I know Catholics that believe in hell.

Church of Satan founder Anton Lavey's last interview ( he is different):

Last edited by Leland33 on 24 Sep 2016, 04:15, edited 2 times in total.
Reply

battlingignorance
Joined: 01 Sep 2012, 12:06

24 Sep 2016, 12:56 #26

DM3194 wrote:
While some in the local community seem worried about the Temple’s Satanic imagery, Salem City Council President Josh Turiel, doesn’t see what the fuss is about, telling Reuters, "We've had weirder things pretty much on every other street corner." Despite the devil imagery, the Satanic Temple is mostly devoted to civic causes relating to the separation of church and state, and they hope to become a valued member of the Salem community. To that we say, Hail Satan! ---Obscura, Sept. 23 2016
Oh, for a councilor like Turiel here in Gloucester...(or any damn councilor under 50)
Reply

DM3194
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 22:54

24 Sep 2016, 13:07 #27

Karly wrote:
Well...I guess I will be appropriately dressed for the Satantic Temple International Headquarters!  I actually ordered an in-between season jacket in a different color today so my aunt is making progress!
Karly, you will be welcome at the temple -- regardless of your dress -- as long as you give them a few bucks.

The Temple staff dress in tasteful black uniforms and all were wearing name tags and were extremely cordial.
The uniforms reminded me of the lobby staff at maybe a Ritz Carlton Hotel in downtown Chicago. Lots of 
the staff were just very young people having fun. Lots of blue and orange hair.


One lady was dressed in a very nice non-goth dress. I think that is because she was in front of TV cameras.
These people are making an effort to not worry the neighbors. She's the one who brought me to Baphomet
and said I could sit on his lap. The statue is in a shed, separate from the Museum building.
Reply

Hiryu
Joined: 03 Nov 2015, 20:55

24 Sep 2016, 14:14 #28

battlingignorance wrote:
DM3194 wrote:While some in the local community seem worried about the Temple’s Satanic imagery, Salem City Council President Josh Turiel, doesn’t see what the fuss is about, telling Reuters, "We've had weirder things pretty much on every other street corner." Despite the devil imagery, the Satanic Temple is mostly devoted to civic causes relating to the separation of church and state, and they hope to become a valued member of the Salem community. To that we say, Hail Satan! ---Obscura, Sept. 23 2016
Oh, for a councilor like Turiel here in Gloucester...(or any damn councilor under 50)
we have 2. one is qutting the other one is a rep for the alt-right crowd
Reply

Karly
Joined: 20 Feb 2010, 02:12

24 Sep 2016, 14:55 #29

They have a website with more information and an FAQ section that explains what they are and are not.   Also there is a newsletter you can sign up for  to keep up with what is going on.

https://thesatanictemple.com/
Reply

battlingignorance
Joined: 01 Sep 2012, 12:06

24 Sep 2016, 16:40 #30

Hiryu wrote:
battlingignorance wrote:
DM3194 wrote:While some in the local community seem worried about the Temple’s Satanic imagery, Salem City Council President Josh Turiel, doesn’t see what the fuss is about, telling Reuters, "We've had weirder things pretty much on every other street corner." Despite the devil imagery, the Satanic Temple is mostly devoted to civic causes relating to the separation of church and state, and they hope to become a valued member of the Salem community. To that we say, Hail Satan! ---Obscura, Sept. 23 2016
Oh, for a councilor like Turiel here in Gloucester...(or any damn councilor under 50)
we have 2. one is quitting the other one is a rep for the alt-right crowd
Specifically...yes. But you know what I meant.
Reply

Trevor Slattery
Joined: 07 May 2015, 16:18

24 Sep 2016, 20:24 #31

 Oh, for a councilor like Turiel here in Gloucester...(or any damn councilor under 50) BI

we have 2. one is qutting the other one is a rep for the alt-right crowd



I count 4 under 50.  Out of how many?

Your comment might have made sense some years back.  You may recall the council was criticized for being too young and inexperienced.  

Arent we supposed to get a pot farm?

You must be thinking of someone specific. 
Last edited by Trevor Slattery on 25 Sep 2016, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reply

Leland33
Joined: 02 Apr 2011, 03:07

25 Sep 2016, 01:18 #32

I worked with a good witch today. She worked at the battleship in Quincy giving tours. Her part of the tour specialized in ghosts aboard the ship. She's a friend of "good witch Laurie" and buys things from her shops in Salem.

The good witches have only a very remote connection with Satanism.
Reply

Dun Fudgin
Joined: 21 Jun 2007, 03:54

25 Sep 2016, 05:32 #33

Leland33 wrote:
I worked with a good witch today. She worked at the battleship in Quincy giving tours. Her part of the tour specialized in ghosts aboard the ship. She's a friend of "good witch Laurie" and buys things from her shops in Salem.

The good witches have only a very remote connection with Satanism.
The museum ship in Quincy is actually a "heavy cruiser", not a "battleship". As for "ghosts" is concerned that's a bunch of hogwash. The USS Salem was commissioned in 1949 and never fired a shot in anger. She was decommissioned in 1959.
Last edited by Dun Fudgin on 25 Sep 2016, 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reply

DM3194
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 22:54

25 Sep 2016, 11:29 #34

Channel 5 has a short clip on their website about the Temple opening.
Probably the other networks do as well, but I didn't look.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/satanic-temple ... m/41803082

It gives a look at the easy parking lot. That is important in Salem!

I am sending them a few dollars to help with their efforts.
Hauling that statue around the country must be expensive!
Last edited by DM3194 on 25 Sep 2016, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reply

DM3194
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 22:54

25 Sep 2016, 13:49 #35

Lucien Greaves will certainly be giving some talks at the Salem Temple this Fall.

Image
Reply

gator
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 20:12

25 Sep 2016, 15:08 #36

Baphomet is eerily similar to Black Phillip in the movie The Witch. I bet they have similar intentions too. Image



Image

Black Phillip, Black Phillip
King of sky and land,
Black Phillip, Black Phillip
King of sea and sand.
We are ye servants,
We are ye men.
Black Phillip eats the lions
From the lions' den.
Reply

Leland33
Joined: 02 Apr 2011, 03:07

25 Sep 2016, 15:41 #37

It's only ABOUT a 14 minute walk from the Witch Museum and 64 Bridge Street where the Temple is located - but witches and satan followers are different. Oh and Dun. I think she said three men died on the USS Salem and her tour was about talking about "tell tale" signs of ghosts.
Last edited by Leland33 on 25 Sep 2016, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reply

battlingignorance
Joined: 01 Sep 2012, 12:06

25 Sep 2016, 16:07 #38

Trevor Slattery wrote:
I count 4 under 50.  Out of how many?

Your comment might have made sense some years back.  You may recall the council was criticized for being too young and inexperienced.  

Arent we supposed to get a pot farm?

You must be thinking of someone specific. 
Actual age in years vs. attitudinal age...thanks for willfully misinterpreting. I'll be more literal in future...make it easier for you. 'K?
Reply

DM3194
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 22:54

25 Sep 2016, 16:28 #39

Image

Black Phillip and Baph.... close cousins for sure, gator.
Reply

DM3194
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 22:54

26 Sep 2016, 17:11 #40

The online store offers some nice things.

www.shopsatan.com

Image
Reply