November 18th, 2017, 6:11 am #41

Damon wrote: Bucksport? No way !
Bucksport? YES way, Damon!

It doesn't take a lot of scientific Googleing to see
that Bucksport, Maine is not only a hotbed of Alien
visitation, but other paranormal happenings as well.

I had no idea. Especially about the "Ghostport"
event that they have every year up there to celebrate
their spooky heritage.

November 18th, 2017, 9:29 am #42

Impossible. Used to hang out on the Penobscot there taking water samples before dawn. Never witnessed an abduction. Caught a paper mill dumping though.
Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?...   ..........
 George Orwell , 1984

November 18th, 2017, 9:43 am #43

You may be been beamed up and probed, and not even know it Damon. That's how they work sometimes.

November 18th, 2017, 10:43 am #44

"They" like to stick probes up the bunghole and needles into belly buttons. 

Have either region felt tender and sore after your pre-dawn excursions, Damon?
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

November 18th, 2017, 4:37 pm #45

Only after saturation diving.
Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?...   ..........
 George Orwell , 1984

February 28th, 2018, 5:13 pm #46

Hi folks, it's been a while. Life has thrown me a few curveballs this winter, so I'm a bit rusty with social media, mostly by choice. Regardless of that, thought I'd pass along another wicked good real estate deal that screams perspective and contrast. The house I'm about to show you would cost probably 3X more in Gloucester. Imagine over an acre with sweeping views and a house with many windows to enjoy the view. A small development near town, which is Ellsworth, gateway to Acadia and Bar Harbor.

Suffice it to say, this house is decked out with lots of perks, like a jacuzzi with a view. Please take a guess about the price.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." - Christopher Hitchens

February 28th, 2018, 6:03 pm #47

Need more info for a realistic guess, but if it is NOT lake/shorefront, under 2000 sq feet, and less than 2 acres, I'd say $150-175k. 

If it's lakefront, add $50-75k to the price, if it has lots of land, add accordingly. 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

February 28th, 2018, 8:10 pm #48

brainfix wrote: Hi folks, it's been a while. Life has thrown me a few curveballs this winter, so I'm a bit rusty with social media, mostly by choice. Regardless of that, thought I'd pass along another wicked good real estate deal that screams perspective and contrast. The house I'm about to show you would cost probably 3X more in Gloucester. Imagine over an acre with sweeping views and a house with many windows to enjoy the view. A small development near town, which is Ellsworth, gateway to Acadia and Bar Harbor.
Glad to hear from you, hope you are well!  Mama Bear worries when the kids don't check in.

The house does nothing for me.  Nada.  The older I get the more I long to be back in Boston.  If I ever hit the lottery with one of the half dozen tickets I buy a year, you can find me on Comm Ave.  :-)

February 28th, 2018, 8:15 pm #49

My feelings are to be totally in the woods with a couple days a week on the ocean and one day in a city.  The quiet of the remote areas is good.

March 1st, 2018, 7:31 am #50

So that place is listed at $144k. Not bad! Some mature trees would help, for sure. I'd rather live there than Comm. Ave in Boston, that's for sure.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." - Christopher Hitchens

March 5th, 2018, 8:11 pm #51

I do not believe in this but wouldn't it be toasty right now?  And probably less expensive than Maine.
hell1.jpg

March 22nd, 2018, 7:38 pm #52

I'm on fire...the whole fantasy life everafter ain't happening, so time to reinvent myself yet again. Oh, joy!!

April 18th, 2018, 8:06 am #53

Tiny Houses - seems to belong in Perspective and Contrast!  

By Joann MacKenzie via the GDT... (in part, followed by link)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In case you haven’t heard, tiny houses are a very big trend.

Some, including Henry David Thoreau, would say they’re the antidote to a civilization that not everyone necessarily wants — or, importantly, can afford —to conform to.

Well, Gloucester, a town that knows all about non-conformity and economic hardship, is invited to learn all about tiny houses when the Gloucester Lyceum and Sawyer Free Library’s Senior Outreach Services hosts what it calls a “Tiny House Talk” this Thursday, April 19, from 7 to 8:30 p.m.

The event, a panel and discussion of “tiny houses on foundations and wheels,” brings together three experts with big ideas on how tiny houses can address the shortage of housing “for those wanting economic security within their income.”

Those experts – Rockport architect Joann Baker, architectural consultant Tracey Powell, and Isa Bauer of Tiny House Northeast — not only have a lot of expertise in common, but a lot of experience actually living in tiny houses, which all three do."

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/news/loc ... 038d8.html

April 18th, 2018, 12:20 pm #54

In Asbury Village Maryland there was a large dirt road in a large circle with about two dozen tiny homes all facing each other - the dirt road was a promenade - from your front room you could just about see what all your neighbors were up to.  NO CARS!

The house I wanted was in three sections: with living room facing the circle with a loft; in the middle smaller section was a bedroom; and the outer smallest section was the kitchen. Cars were parked near the kitchen.

The Asbury Villages are Methodist but open to all.

Each section was pretty small tiny - as were all the houses.  In the Village were winding roads with other tiny homes - ie a standard cape be looming in comparison.

I really love Asbury Village MD and there’s one in Hamilton Mass that is similar but the homes have been expanded.

I know that tiny homes means a lot smaller, but check out Asbury Grove Village - I’ve never been to the coffee shop - the hsve an occasional coffee house.  Cheap Gas across the street.
65455505-BC2A-41AA-9D05-0DEAE8D828FA.png

April 18th, 2018, 4:32 pm #55

Oh, that is on the way to the Pingree Hockey rink !
 George Orwell , 1984

April 18th, 2018, 7:06 pm #56

Hi Damon -  Pingren is a little north of Asbury Grove - the coffee shop is a little way in on your right from the main Highland entrance.

Looks like the coffee shop opens at 7:30PM Saturday - can’t seem to post their site right now.

Says kids and solos welcome.
496971C5-A4D3-45C5-A546-D93190800290.jpeg

May 27th, 2018, 10:34 am #57

I went to the waterfront to take a walk this morning and watched a small army of workers setting up for a Jason Aldean concert tonight. There were at least ten semi trucks with all the equipment for his act, plus another eight trucks for the opening acts. As many of you know, that horrible Las Vegas gun massacre happened when Jason Aldean was playing at a festival there. As I was looking around the waterfront site, I couldn't help but notice the proximity of a large building under construction right across the street from the venue. I immediately thought SECURITY RISK - anyone could hop over the chain link fence, walk up several stories and have a clear shot at thousands of concert goers and the musicians on-stage....a very scary scenario! Isn't it awful that we now have to be aware of such scenarios? Is any place safe from a potential attack? I hope the Bangor PD locks down that construction site...

May 27th, 2018, 3:53 pm #58

Are you going to the concert, brain?  You seem to get a lot of good ones up there. Stay safe.

May 28th, 2018, 6:22 am #59

Karly wrote: Are you going to the concert, brain?  You seem to get a lot of good ones up there. Stay safe.
Not into country music, Karly. But between the shows in Bangor and Portland, there is something for everyone: http://www.waterfrontconcerts.com/.

May 28th, 2018, 5:05 pm #60

I'm not into country for the most part but there is an occasional song that I really love.  I've not been to a concert in that genre though.  I see Foreigner on that list...haven't thought about that band in decades!