North Korea

Joined: 21 Jun 2007, 03:54

01 Aug 2017, 22:07 #81

tyu12 wrote:
Why is it always up to the United States to do something why don't other countries do something?

What is south Korea doing about this and the many other countries around the world? 
A real president would be pressuring China!
Reply
Like

Joined: 13 Nov 2010, 17:37

01 Aug 2017, 22:13 #82

Dun Fudgin wrote:
tyu12 wrote:
Why is it always up to the United States to do something why don't other countries do something?

What is south Korea doing about this and the many other countries around the world? 
A real president would be pressuring China!
And Russia. 

Considering how much Russia has ramped up support for North Korea in the past 5 months, it's pretty clear Putin feels he has free rein to do whatever he wants without risking significant penalties from Washington. 


I wonder why that might be? 
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Reply
Like

Joined: 21 Jun 2007, 03:54

02 Aug 2017, 10:30 #83

Fortune Cookie wrote:
Dun Fudgin wrote:
tyu12 wrote:
Why is it always up to the United States to do something why don't other countries do something?

What is south Korea doing about this and the many other countries around the world? 
A real president would be pressuring China!
And Russia. 

Considering how much Russia has ramped up support for North Korea in the past 5 months, it's pretty clear Putin feels he has free rein to do whatever he wants without risking significant penalties from Washington. 


I wonder why that might be? 

That goes without saying. China is North Korea's largest trade partner.
Reply
Like

Joined: 20 Feb 2010, 02:12

09 Aug 2017, 12:07 #84

Really hoping Kim Jong Un does not follow through with his threat to send missiles to Guam today in response to Trump's latest verbal escalation.  

Can someone please lock Trump in a room before the planet is gone.
Reply
Like

Joined: 21 Jun 2007, 03:54

09 Aug 2017, 20:34 #85

It's the first time in my life I've heard a sitting US president talk in the same tone as a rogue "world leader". "Sabre rattling" by two bad hair leaders!
Reply
Like

Joined: 25 Jun 2007, 22:00

09 Aug 2017, 21:27 #86

At last we have a president who can talk
to Kim Jong Un on his own level.
Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?...   ..........
 George Orwell , 1984
Reply
Like

Joined: 20 Feb 2010, 02:12

10 Aug 2017, 01:40 #87

I think we really need the adults back now, please.
Reply
Like

Joined: 01 Sep 2012, 12:06

10 Aug 2017, 11:11 #88

Wars are needed most by a) arms manufacturers, b) mercenaries (aka Blackwater), c) Presidents who are waaaaay low in the polls.

Sure worked for GWB!
Reply
Like

Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 05:02

10 Aug 2017, 12:02 #89

IF NK does do something as stupid as bombing Guam. What do YOU think should be done???

My choice would be to bomb any and all missile military sites in NK ending this right then.
You think you know it, but you haven't got a clue!!
Reply
Like

Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 22:42

10 Aug 2017, 12:13 #90

NightStalker wrote:
What do YOU think should be done???
Fire and fury? 
Reply
Like

Joined: 21 Jun 2007, 03:54

10 Aug 2017, 12:40 #91

battlingignorance wrote:
Wars are needed most by a) arms manufacturers, b) mercenaries (aka Blackwater), c) Presidents who are waaaaay low in the polls.

Sure worked for GWB!
With the exception that we know NK has WMD's, they are bragging about them for all to see. GWB never found any WMD's. NK is making it easy for Trump-L-Still-Skin!
Reply
Like

Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 16:19

10 Aug 2017, 17:25 #92

The problem with any military offensive against North Korea is that you're essentially sacrificing the city of Seoul, and likely much much more of South Korea. They have thousands of artillery guns just north of the DMZ pointed right at Seoul. Not nuclear weapons, but still could effectively level the city before we could take them out.

Mark Bowden has an excellent piece in the Atlantic right now. There are really no good options: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... th/528717/
Join the WikiLeaks on Weed community and come hang out with us on Slack. Hosts, guests and fans all together in one place!

https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?c=1024626&rid=2135226
Reply
Like

Joined: 01 Sep 2012, 12:06

10 Aug 2017, 18:31 #93

wikileaksonweed wrote:
The problem with any military offensive against North Korea is that you're essentially sacrificing the city of Seoul, and likely much much more of South Korea. They have thousands of artillery guns just north of the DMZ pointed right at Seoul. Not nuclear weapons, but still could effectively level the city before we could take them out.

Mark Bowden has an excellent piece in the Atlantic right now. There are really no good options: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... th/528717/
Right there. In a nutshell.
Reply
Like

Joined: 25 Jun 2007, 22:00

10 Aug 2017, 19:47 #94

Do you think Trump would bother to move the thousands of Americans out of Seoul ?
Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?...   ..........
 George Orwell , 1984
Reply
Like

Joined: 13 Nov 2007, 00:46

10 Aug 2017, 19:50 #95

Damon wrote:
Do you think Trump would bother to move the thousands of Americans out of Seoul ?
Do you think Trump could find Seoul on a map?
Reply
Like

Joined: 01 Sep 2012, 12:06

10 Aug 2017, 20:26 #96

The man ain't got no Seoul.
Reply
Like

Joined: 13 Nov 2010, 17:37

10 Aug 2017, 20:42 #97

I don't think Feltersnatch views Asians as fully human, so he may consider Seoul expendable.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Reply
Like

Joined: 13 Nov 2010, 17:37

10 Aug 2017, 21:10 #98

Last edited by Fortune Cookie on 10 Aug 2017, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Fortune Cookie
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Reply
Like

Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 01:26

10 Aug 2017, 21:10 #99

Why is this only a US problem where is the rest of the world? What was done in the last 8 years to stop this person  from Korea?  I am so FUC&ING tired of the US having to fix everything every where. Isn't it time for other countries to do something? 
Reply
Like

Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 05:02

10 Aug 2017, 22:10 #100

nobody has said what THEY think should be done. I guess it's better to wait and see and then criticize whatever decision is made.
You think you know it, but you haven't got a clue!!
Reply
Like