New Massachusetts Driver's License Requirements

New Massachusetts Driver's License Requirements

March 8th, 2018, 9:01 pm #1

On March 26, 2018, to get or renew any driver's license, ID card, or learner's permit, you need documentation showing U.S. citizenship or lawful presence as required by federal and state law.

https://www.mass.gov/guides/new-massach ... quirements

That means you will have to go the registry, no matter what, which is located .... ?

However, you can renew your license before March 26 up to a year in advance of expiration and be good for another five years.  You can renew online if your photo is less than 14 years old.  I just renewed online, a couple months ahead of expiration, even though I've aged slightly since my 2008 photo ...

Oh, and I didn't have to do the eye test.  I was kind of stressed about whether I should bring my 1.0, 1.5, or 2.5 magnifiers ...

March 9th, 2018, 6:51 am #2

Good grief :(
I recently renewed my license at an AAA office. I hope I can do that next time.
My passport expired long ago. Somewhere maybe I have a birth certificate.
Maybe it is in the safe deposit box that I have not visited for years.
Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?...   ..........
 George Orwell , 1984

March 9th, 2018, 8:02 am #3

from what I read, you would want the newer Real ID license as the current type is no good to board a plane after 2020.  It did say you could go to a service center also which is what the AAA has.
You think you know it, but you haven't got a clue!!

March 9th, 2018, 4:10 pm #4

Thank you NightStalker . That helps.
Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?...   ..........
 George Orwell , 1984

March 9th, 2018, 7:35 pm #5

I went back and forth between doing just my license or the Real ID.  The registry is implementing a new computer system just ahead of the March 26 deadline (what could go wrong?) and after that everyone who renews will have to physically go to a service center - the waits will be long.  If I had more than just a couple months before expiration, I may have waited until things settled down and did the Real ID.  I have a valid passport for flying.  Plus, I would have had to do the eye test, lol.  I'm getting flak for bailing on the eye test from the usual suspects - my kids.