December 8th, 2017, 5:26 am #41

Leland said:  
The Middle Street Walk is today and there is tons and tons of stuff to do and see

///
Are you hittin' the Nog, Leland?

The Walk falls on a Saturday this year. Tomorrow!

////
When:  Saturday, December 9, 2017   10am - 4:30pm
Prices: Free
Phone: 978.283.9292
Email: schtruant@verizon.net

Link(s): 
Middle Street Walk Website
Middle Street Walk on Facebook
Good Morning Gloucester Middle Street Walk Coverage

December 8th, 2017, 7:16 am #42

Leland33 wrote: The Middle Street Walk is tomorrow Saturday December 9th - and there is tons and tons of stuff to do and see:

https://middlestreetwalk.org/2017-progr ... r-30-2017/

... but who walks nowadays ... I drive around aimlessly to view Christmas Lights and window dressing.

From the EAST END - the tanning salon has a great tropical theme with a red and green palm tree beach scene albeit only three feet high but very original.

In the Main Street RESTAURANT DISTRICT - a not so original window was decorated with driftwood branches with bows àla FLOTUS White House decorations.   BUT IF THIS WAS A JOKE ON THE FL then it’s in contention for FIRST PLACE.

NOW FOLKS  - it doesn’t get any better than this >>>>>>>>>>>

From Banana’s in the WEST END is this XMAS BEAUTY (in past Christmas’s I have gotten requests to buy at Banana’s):
============•====

Thanks DM, my post has been corrected to the correct date and today is Friday.

I’m not on egg nog, but probably like jet-lag I’m on train-lag because I gave an extra day of a four day cross country trip and endured 40mph speeds for hours, a drug bust that went down in front of me, a dead guy in my car, a derailment on Union Station, and dirty windows overlooking a 200 mile ride hunging the Hudson River Valley.

That’s where my day went.

As far as the “nog” - it must be enduring the fairly concentrated fragrance in every restroom on the train, Cannabis.

Try that on Delta or Jet Blue.

December 15th, 2017, 12:39 am #43

The Late Late Show host James Corden has his carpool ready for Santa comin’ ta town!!!!!

December 15th, 2017, 7:36 pm #44

If this doesn't get you into the Holiday Spirit, nothing will:

December 15th, 2017, 11:16 pm #45

There are not many people in the world who make me smile like James Corden does.  Bruno Mars is right up there, too.  We need a lot more James Cordens and Bruno Mars in the world.

Not Christmas, but one of my favorite Carpool Karaokes is:

I post "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" most every year.  I just started to watch the video and I just can't.  40+ years and nothing changes.

In my top five Chrismas music picks to get in the spirit:

December 17th, 2017, 5:12 pm #46

When the holidays kick into full gear!  Wishing you all Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!  "See" you in 2018 and let us hope for better times for our country then.  Whatever happens I wish you all good health and good cheer...and for your families too.

December 27th, 2017, 4:58 pm #47

Murphy's Law governed my life for the three days before Christmas.  I finally made it to Boston to hook up with my sibs and their crews in the early evening of Christmas Day and, as usual, it was the best time of the year.