Where did everybody go?

Where did everybody go?

October 30th, 2011, 3:43 am #1

Nope, not a question about where you went this year but asking what happened to everyone posting?

Not to commercialize, but just to let you know I am one of those "outfitter types"

October 30th, 2011, 3:59 am #2

Van Beek 3, MJ-blazing paddles, rob kesselring, here.

Tyler Fish, Mors kochanski, Sans Souci Quartet,

Anyone for hot tent winter camping?

Hate to leave Sturgeon Lake tomorrow.
Thats where I am at!!!!

What sets a canoeing expedition apart is that it purifies you more rapidly and inescapably than any other travel. Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature.

~ Pierre Elliot Trudeau

October 30th, 2011, 4:09 am #3

Nope, not a question about where you went this year but asking what happened to everyone posting?

Not to commercialize, but just to let you know I am one of those "outfitter types"

Checking the board every couple of days.
Hoping to get time to put together a trip report from my LIS N. trip over Labor Day week in the next week or so.

October 30th, 2011, 12:00 pm #4

putting stuff away for winter. The scouts did a day paddle on the Peshtigo River up here last Sunday (cool and drizzle) but I enjoyed it....Can't seem to convince people to wear decent clothing and raingear. Myself and another leader brought extra stuff so no one got too wet or cold.
Put the troop canoes and kayaks away this week...done for the year... I did happen to check the canoecopia date are for next march though.

bob

"Those who stop where reason and instinct command never reach the best and highest places of all" Bill Gilbert

October 30th, 2011, 2:32 pm #5

I posted my trip and a couple other things--now I check daily for content... We're hoping to do a January trip in the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge (nice words for "Swamp"!) and I'll try to post an OT report then.
Chuck

October 30th, 2011, 2:34 pm #6

putting stuff away for winter. The scouts did a day paddle on the Peshtigo River up here last Sunday (cool and drizzle) but I enjoyed it....Can't seem to convince people to wear decent clothing and raingear. Myself and another leader brought extra stuff so no one got too wet or cold.
Put the troop canoes and kayaks away this week...done for the year... I did happen to check the canoecopia date are for next march though.

bob

"Those who stop where reason and instinct command never reach the best and highest places of all" Bill Gilbert
Your note reminds me of the comment we recently heard from a zip-line facilitator--he said there's no such thing as bad weather--just inappropriate clothing choices!

October 30th, 2011, 3:58 pm #7

for a trip report from Woodsy Gma, lee and john on there august trip into lake 1. I don't think they're still out there. Also a report from lee on his solo.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherwin

http://community.webshots.com/user/sherwinlvo
My Blog http://campingfarmer.blogspot.com

October 30th, 2011, 4:05 pm #8

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherwin

http://community.webshots.com/user/sherwinlvo
My Blog http://campingfarmer.blogspot.com

October 30th, 2011, 6:50 pm #9

eom

October 30th, 2011, 9:11 pm #10

almost anything I post is OT. I like to entertain, but feel a bit guilty about abusing the intent of the board to focus on Canoe Country. If I lived there I'd surely add more posts and be on-topic. As it is I put up most of my "entertaining" posts on Facebook where you can bore the citizenry ad nauseum.

However, I check the CCBB generally several times a day. Mostly to see if Howie has posted some hugely funny stuff. The guy's a riot, eh?!?

...Randy