What's the "fanciest" resort in the area

What's the "fanciest" resort in the area

June 8th, 2017, 2:09 am #1

So my wife and I used to canoe BWCA and Quetico every few years. Then two years ago she told me she wasn't sleeping on the ground anymore. It was a truly sad moment, and the only way I could recover was to get a new Bell Solo. So, our 40th wedding anniversary is in August, and she'd like to head toward the Ely area and do some day trips. So my question is - what's the nicest/best food/unique resort in the area. Thanks for any suggestions.

June 8th, 2017, 11:31 am #2

At least so I've heard.
Just one more portage.

June 8th, 2017, 11:34 am #3

I was surprised by the number of Ely listings on sir b&b. Could be worth checking for a nice place, though not full service hotel of course. Lots if interesting places to eat in Ely.
Just one more portage.

June 8th, 2017, 4:07 pm #4

So my wife and I used to canoe BWCA and Quetico every few years. Then two years ago she told me she wasn't sleeping on the ground anymore. It was a truly sad moment, and the only way I could recover was to get a new Bell Solo. So, our 40th wedding anniversary is in August, and she'd like to head toward the Ely area and do some day trips. So my question is - what's the nicest/best food/unique resort in the area. Thanks for any suggestions.
I don't remember if they have dining facilities though. On Birch Lake.

May 7th, 2018, 2:12 pm #5

this is interesting - it looks like a resort was recommended but now not in the thread. Non-sponsor deletions, perhaps?  I think I had mentioned River Point.    

May 8th, 2018, 11:05 am #6

Yeah. Pretty sure I said b u r n t s i d e    l o d g e.

Also mentioned a i r - b n b
Just one more portage.

May 8th, 2018, 4:22 pm #7

I think you and your wife would enjoy Burntside Lodge especially if you want to dine out without leaving the resort.  The restaurant is the best in the area.  Paddling on Burntside is pretty special too.  They may be booked up so call soon.