July 15th, 2018, 1:49 am #11

I just returned from a Quetico trip with my 60 year old sister, her first wilderness trip. We went in the Baptism creek entry and base camped at the island at the south end of Trousers, a strenuous trek- especially with the beaver dam in the middle of the longest portage. She did great. It all depends on your shape, attitude, and level of difficulty. I am 65. No problem, just a little slower than I used to be. I was once at the Sue Fall end of the Lerome entry when two guys in what looked to be their eighties came tooling up asking about the wall paintings in the area. As they paddled away, I found myself thinking, "Yes, that is what I am going to aim for!" My sister leaped off the 14' ledge into the water will the rest of us.

August 14th, 2018, 4:35 pm #12

At 75 , with one lung, I'm planning a September trip.  Packing a hammock and a good book, it recharges my batteries for many trips to come with my paddlin' buddies.

August 15th, 2018, 1:44 pm #13

ok,...is there a tripping buddy who will play a mean(ish) joke and stick a pack of cigarettes in john's pack? :)

When in Sept you going John?

August 15th, 2018, 6:50 pm #14

About 50 years ago I decided that I was inn charge of my life, not Winstons and haven't had a smoke since.  I would take one ciggy with me to make an offering to the spirits that give me strength.  
We're going to John Lake of course, with Laura and Lee.