Sad news, but can VNO help anyone?

June 29th, 2017, 2:18 am #1

We just heard that Wilderness Outfitters in Ely, on the west side of town has been shut down by the IRS for taxes, all property was seized except for one van and one trailer to pick up people still out in the woods.

I'm posting here just because I want to be able to help any of the groups that could have a trip planned through them and now be in trouble of taking their trip.

If anyone needs any thing we can be of help for, please let us know. My heart aches for the tough times WO is having but I'm also very concerned this may be affecting a number of people who have their wilderness canoe trips planned

June 29th, 2017, 12:33 pm #2

I stopped in at Wilderness Outfitters Saturday. I've found more things there for gifts than most Ely stores. A little chat and I sensed business was not goid. Tough times.
Just one more portage.

June 29th, 2017, 4:07 pm #3

We just heard that Wilderness Outfitters in Ely, on the west side of town has been shut down by the IRS for taxes, all property was seized except for one van and one trailer to pick up people still out in the woods.

I'm posting here just because I want to be able to help any of the groups that could have a trip planned through them and now be in trouble of taking their trip.

If anyone needs any thing we can be of help for, please let us know. My heart aches for the tough times WO is having but I'm also very concerned this may be affecting a number of people who have their wilderness canoe trips planned
but that's good that you, and I assume other outfitters, would step up to make sure people's trips can still materialize.