OTOzark National Scenic Waterway.

OTOzark National Scenic Waterway.

October 21st, 2011, 9:20 pm #1

We accepted Ozark Paddler's invite to come to a paddling outing at this beautiful spot of real estate in Missouri last week. Fantastic weather and a great river to paddle. I will post pictures when I get caught up with "stuff" The summer crowds were gone so we enjoyed some great paddling. Beside's CCBB folk, Ozark Paddler's friends, there were folk from Paddlers.net at the campground as well.

http://martysworld.typepad.com/travelin ... p-inf.html

Gotta put this place on your calendar next fall.

bob

"Those who stop where reason and instinct command never reach the best and highest places of all" Bill Gilbert

October 22nd, 2011, 2:17 am #2

I've gone on this trip for 4 or 5 years, sometimes only for a couple of days, but last year we were there for the week. This year we were planning on going again for a week, but work conspired against us. Looking at pictures folks have already posted just gives me a dreadful longing for the place.

Sigh. It would have been nice to meet you.

Pam
(who is interested in whether this is center or left justified)

October 22nd, 2011, 12:30 pm #3

where???
eat your heart out......

bob

"Those who stop where reason and instinct command never reach the best and highest places of all" Bill Gilbert

October 22nd, 2011, 1:39 pm #4

Here's some:
http://www.paddling.net/message/showThr ... id=1452277

Sigh. I just looked and drooled. I gave up vacation this year for work and guess what happened? Yup, we had a Reduction in Force on Thursday and I got notified I was being laid off within the month. Should have gone to the Current ...

Pam

October 22nd, 2011, 3:11 pm #5

Likely to be rehired at some point?

October 23rd, 2011, 6:30 pm #6

It isn't like the RIFs they have in the factory where they bring people back based on seniority. I am/was professional staff in our Government Systems group. Looks like GS work is going to go down for the long term, not just a few months. I'm looking in other spots, but I have to compete for a position just like anyone else - no preference.

Anybody looking for a good program/project manager with experience in high reliability engineering systems?

Pam