4:45 PM - Jun 25, 2018 #21

Oh,...don't know if you should have told him that, Bogs. It was back in, oh, 2006 I believe,..I somehow let it out where I lived and when I was going to put-in at Mudro. Well, I had to cancel the trip. One night I came home and there was OutThere - loading my television into the back of a mini-van, where he also had an assortment of my fishing equipment, a box of old neckties, and my vintage 60's-era Kenmore blender (with a glass pitcher yet, none of that plastic stuff they all have now). And a Carlisle paddle. I didn't recognize him at first, as he was donning Hamburglar-type attire, but as he got in his Aerostar I reached in and pulled off his mask. He peeled out quickly, with me standing in my driveway holding the mask. "That's the last time I give you White Iron Lake fishing tips!!!" I yelled, as his taillights grew small and dim in the night.

7:22 PM - Jun 27, 2018 #22

I'll try to post some updated photos-Dining room in new color with pendant over table

Bathroom before with pink PLASTIC tile

Bathroom after with walk in shower and heated marble floors

Kitchen is still a work in progress but getting there

Start of painting the cabinets. New heated tile floor with quartz counters and updated sink

Plenty more to do
"When a man is part of his canoe, he is part of all that canoes have ever known.”
-- Sigurd F. Olson

1:33 PM - Jun 28, 2018 #23

Looks great! But where will you keep the bread?

1:35 PM - Jun 28, 2018 #24

In the microwave of course where everyone else does.
"When a man is part of his canoe, he is part of all that canoes have ever known.”
-- Sigurd F. Olson

1:03 PM - Jul 05, 2018 #25

HowardSprague wrote: Oh,...don't know if you should have told him that, Bogs. It was back in, oh, 2006 I believe,..I somehow let it out where I lived and when I was going to put-in at Mudro. Well, I had to cancel the trip. One night I came home and there was OutThere - loading my television into the back of a mini-van, where he also had an assortment of my fishing equipment, a box of old neckties, and my vintage 60's-era Kenmore blender (with a glass pitcher yet, none of that plastic stuff they all have now). And a Carlisle paddle. I didn't recognize him at first, as he was donning Hamburglar-type attire, but as he got in his Aerostar I reached in and pulled off his mask. He peeled out quickly, with me standing in my driveway holding the mask. "That's the last time I give you White Iron Lake fishing tips!!!" I yelled, as his taillights grew small and dim in the night.
Now see that wasn't me, I've never driven or ridden in an Aerostar. :)

1:04 PM - Jul 05, 2018 #26

The bathroom upgrade is amazing.

11:48 AM - Jul 12, 2018 #27

Ok,.. maybe it was an Astro Van.

:)

10:38 AM - Aug 08, 2018 #28

Do you have any "before" pics of the kitchen? Would be nice to see. Oh and how did you paint the cabinets, spray, brush?

10:58 AM - Aug 08, 2018 #29

Out-There wrote: Do you have any "before" pics of the kitchen? Would be nice to see. Oh and how did you paint the cabinets, spray, brush?

We used Fusion Mineral Paint for the cabinets. It required sanding the cabinets prior to painting but not all the way to bare wood. Three coats of Coal Black Mineral paint on the outside surfaces using primarily a brush but a foam roller was used on some surfaces, 2 coats on the inside surfaces. We removed the inner floating door panel on the upper cabinets on the sink side and replaced with seed glass. We still have to install handles, build a small wall at the open end of the stove to finish off the exposed side and I think we are going to paint the inside of the glass door cabinets in a lighter color. It looks as good in person as it does in photos. 

My wife did all of the cabinet painting-I did the sanding, painting of the ceiling and trim as well as most of the grunt work to get it done. Glad that project is 99% complete. We used Joe Gerzin at Wood Wizards in Ely for the tile work, Tile came from Tile Shop in Maple Grove, MN, Stonecrafters out of Cold Spring, MN for the Quartz counter tops, Minneapolis Glass for the seed glass, Kerntz appliance of Ely for the appliances (Love the low profile microwave that puts the working parts behind the microwave meaning it is much shorter) and Osseo Savitt Paint for the Fusion paint.

Onto the next project.
-- Sigurd F. Olson

1:58 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #30

Wow. It just looks incredible. I had to chop a cabinet (bottom half) and the cabinet door to make room for an over the stove microwave to put the bottom of the microwave at the same level as the bottom of the cabinets. (we have full height cabinets) Couldn't cut the top down because of the cathedral cabinet doors. Your microwave is pretty stubby.
Our cabinets are Oak like yours were. I may end up copying what you have done here. Good job.