Looking for used canoe price guide

Looking for used canoe price guide

April 2nd, 2018, 4:01 pm #1

It's that time, our tripping days are over. So many great memories from days gone by. (Anyone here remember me?) Anyway, we want to sell our two canoes (Sawyer Cruiser, and a Flex-Core Wenonah Minn II) and are having no luck determining selling prices. We've tried Craigslist, various rental companies in the Ely area, etc. Any suggestions? TIA

April 3rd, 2018, 11:51 am #2

But I have shopped and bought two used canoes in past decade. The prices seem to vary widely but between 1/3 and 2/3 of new price seems typical. I know that's a wide range. Like new near 2/3; well used but cared for - in that 1/2 to 1/3 range. Need serious repairs - maybe 1/5 to 1/4 of new. How fast you want to sell also a factor.

Just one more portage.

April 3rd, 2018, 11:51 am #3

It's that time, our tripping days are over. So many great memories from days gone by. (Anyone here remember me?) Anyway, we want to sell our two canoes (Sawyer Cruiser, and a Flex-Core Wenonah Minn II) and are having no luck determining selling prices. We've tried Craigslist, various rental companies in the Ely area, etc. Any suggestions? TIA
But I have shopped and bought two used canoes in past decade. The prices seem to vary widely but between 1/3 and 2/3 of new price seems typical. I know that's a wide range. Like new near 2/3; well used but cared for - in that 1/2 to 1/3 range. Need serious repairs - maybe 1/5 to 1/4 of new. How fast you want to sell also a factor.

Just one more portage.

April 5th, 2018, 12:42 pm #4

that's pretty sad. Hope things are OK otherwise!
As for what's a decent price, maybe try talking to someone at a place like Rutabaga? (I believe I've seen a used canoe list at the Red Rock site too, though I'm sure those prices might have some bias against non-Souris River boats?)

April 14th, 2018, 1:51 pm #5

Sorry to hear your tripping days are over.. Kim, hope all is well with you and your family.