How about a good old fashioned CCBB platyfest

How about a good old fashioned CCBB platyfest

January 11th, 2018, 6:16 pm #1

I happened to be emailing to MNGreen (Doug) about the new Tax bill the other day and we got into a conversation about Shelley's Woodroast and other platyfests of days gone by. I told him I have often thought that a reunion platyfest would be fun and include all the original posters (aka Old timers) from the early CCBB days before bwca.com and other distractions.

We could do it at Canoecopia but we already have get togethers there-I think getting together like we used to at a traditional platyfest would be fun also.

I'm thinking maybe April or May before the canoe season heats up.

Anyway-if you think this is a good idea we need to get the word out seeing the CCBB doesn't see the traffic it used to. Please send an email, a phone call or anything to any and all CCBB members you know and see if they are interested, tell them to watch the CCBB bulletin board for dates and times and lets see if we can't get a good group together for some fun.

I think it would be fun and I look forward to seeing as many "CCBB Old Timers" as possible in the spring.

Bogs
"When a man is part of his canoe, he is part of all that canoes have ever known.”
-- Sigurd F. Olson

January 12th, 2018, 11:26 am #2

I am probably to far south but keep me in the loop

January 12th, 2018, 1:04 pm #3

Brooks-assuming we get this off the ground I hope it works for you to come. We can raise a toast to the camp mouse from Missing Link
"When a man is part of his canoe, he is part of all that canoes have ever known.”
-- Sigurd F. Olson

January 12th, 2018, 7:46 pm #4

I happened to be emailing to MNGreen (Doug) about the new Tax bill the other day and we got into a conversation about Shelley's Woodroast and other platyfests of days gone by. I told him I have often thought that a reunion platyfest would be fun and include all the original posters (aka Old timers) from the early CCBB days before bwca.com and other distractions.

We could do it at Canoecopia but we already have get togethers there-I think getting together like we used to at a traditional platyfest would be fun also.

Anyway-if you think this is a good idea we need to get the word out seeing the CCBB doesn't see the traffic it used to. Please send an email, a phone call or anything to any and all CCBB members you know and see if they are interested, tell them to watch the CCBB bulletin board for dates and times and lets see if we can't get a good group together for some fun.

I think it would be fun and I look forward to seeing as many "CCBB Old Timers" as possible in the spring.

Bogs
Count me in. Let's plan on late March, before we all get into other outdoor projects besides paddling. Come April I'm likely going to be planting trees and doing other outdoor projects at the lake place.

I see there will not be a PCT this year. I'd even given that some thought the past month or two.

I'm sure OldScout will be up for it. Bogs, thanks for bridging the subject!

Rich

January 13th, 2018, 1:06 pm #5

Bogs
Just being old and not really a CCBB old-timer, is there an established venue? I'm strongly suspecting it's near the twin cities....
Just one more portage.

January 14th, 2018, 6:22 pm #6

Bogs
if it's in later April or in May, I might be able to fly up. Did that once in the old days, that was pretty fun.

January 14th, 2018, 6:25 pm #7

Just being old and not really a CCBB old-timer, is there an established venue? I'm strongly suspecting it's near the twin cities....
We had the last one at a place in Lombard, been thinking about setting one up again.
A bit tough for Stumpy to make it recently - and he usually has the best, tattered old maps, but who knows maybe we could also set up a Chicago area one soon...

January 15th, 2018, 12:52 pm #8

Count me in. Let's plan on late March, before we all get into other outdoor projects besides paddling. Come April I'm likely going to be planting trees and doing other outdoor projects at the lake place.

I see there will not be a PCT this year. I'd even given that some thought the past month or two.

I'm sure OldScout will be up for it. Bogs, thanks for bridging the subject!

Rich
We will see what the consensus time frame is but late March could work.
-- Sigurd F. Olson

January 15th, 2018, 12:55 pm #9

I am pretty sure Shelley's closed a few years ago so we will be looking for a new venue. Most likely it will be somewhere in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. If anyone has suggestions please shoot them my way.
-- Sigurd F. Olson

January 15th, 2018, 12:56 pm #10

if it's in later April or in May, I might be able to fly up. Did that once in the old days, that was pretty fun.
Have they lifted the travel ban for you to come to Minneapolis? Last time you caused quite a ruckus and they told you not to return for a few years.
-- Sigurd F. Olson