Catching up

June 7th, 2018, 12:53 pm #1

Have not stopped by here in quite a long time. Happy to see some old names, but very sad to read some of the news. Kimmers no longer paddling, and particularly Natty's passing. I never met Natty, but seems like I knew him very well. We spent many a late night emailing each other, planned several get togethers but never met up. I was also pretty close to buying a pontoon boat from him.

Maybe I can bring some good news to the Board. The Trout Queen and I retired 7 years ago and moved to the Turtle Flambeau Flowage, perhaps Wisconsin's finest paddlers haven (and pretty good fishing, too). As I write this she is off on her kayak with the local women's group the Loony Paddlers out of our town of Mercer. Because there is so much good paddling near by us we find it difficult to get back to BW/Q, our last trip was 2016. We just bought a condo on the big island of Hawaii, no where near the eruptions. Back in April we joined a new canoe club, you can watch the two of us in the front of a double hull outrigger here (April 6) - https://www.facebook.com/pg/nanimanuaerials/videos/.  Paddling at daybreak on the open ocean is amazing fun!

Perhaps some of you remember some of our get togethers during Canoeacopia at the Black Bear Inn in Cottage Grove. In 2006 I had an intern from France who stayed with us for 6 months, and she joined us at the dinner. Well last summer we were lucky enough to be at Bene's wedding in France, and this year she and her family will be visiting us here in Wisconsin for a few weeks. They will all learn how to paddle!

Cheers, I'll try to stop by more often!

June 7th, 2018, 2:13 pm #2

How great to hear from you! Met you once, at a Canoecopia/Black Bear dinner. Yeah, I never met Natty in person either but was sure bummed to find out the bad news. Didn't even know he had that bar/restaurant.
Have heard about the nice paddling up there, nice to know somebody in the vicinity in case I ever am lucky enough to get away there. Sounds like life is great, glad to see your post, Perca!

June 7th, 2018, 6:28 pm #3

I remember the good old days Perca. One of the Top 10 CCBB names. Don't be a stranger....glad you are still alive and kicking and enjoying life.
"When a man is part of his canoe, he is part of all that canoes have ever known.”
-- Sigurd F. Olson

June 9th, 2018, 1:23 am #4

Definitely nice to see the activity here!

June 16th, 2018, 6:49 pm #5

jeolous

June 17th, 2018, 12:05 pm #6

Sounds like a wonderful retirement life Perca. Congrats.

July 10th, 2018, 5:06 am #7

Fun to see some familiar names.  Perca, your name came up on a recent trip.  Glad to "see" you and hear about your retirement life.