Anyone going up end of Aug/early Sept?

July 31st, 2018, 6:30 pm #1

in danger of not getting in a trip again this year, so many various things on the calendar eliminating trip date options. If I don't get up there I'm gonna have a damn stroke! Hoping to squeeze one in somewhere. Thought I was set for some time in September, but wouldn't you know it a neighborhood event had to fall on that particular Saturday and I have to do stuff for my daughter to prepare for it (would really feel awful if I didn't, to tell the truth!)
Surprised to see permits so scarce for last week of August, would think with schools starting earlier and earlier every year it would be wide open!

Here's a photo just for the hellofit:
PKJoeAgnes.png

August 11th, 2018, 3:41 pm #2

OK, end of Aug/early Sept doesn't work for me but now I'm thinking last week of September. I am a hot/warm - weather type of guy, but you take what you can get. There's always a chance it won't be freezing, and one just has to be prepared in term of gear and attire. Permits wide open, less crowded,...I know fishing will probably be tough.
Anyone else up there, like Sept 23-Oct 1 or so? I'll probably combine a 4 night trip or so with a day or two of regular fishing on Snowbank before laker season closes. And maybe do a BW daytrip somewhere on another day.

August 12th, 2018, 12:04 pm #3

October is my favorite time to trip in the BWCAW
Just one more portage.