2015 Park shows

Anything that has to do with the park, that is NOT about the rides.

2015 Park shows

hoot
Caterpillar
hoot
Caterpillar

16 Oct 2014, 13:45 #1

So any talk as to what shows will be at the park next summer?

mrceagle
Canobie Fan!
mrceagle
Canobie Fan!

16 Oct 2014, 15:40 #2

this is right up Steve's ally. But personally I'm hoping to see a couple changes. If They keep Michael which I'm sure they will. Let's see a different headliner n the dance hall and new headliner on the midway stage.
Admin at The Whalom forums - http://s6.zetaboards.com/New_Whalom_Park

JustPlainSteve
Canobie Fan!

16 Oct 2014, 20:06 #3

A little early with this, aren't you, Hoot?

I'll make some predictions: 1DT, the breakout hit of the past summer, should definitely be back on the MidWay Stage. SimonWill Entertainment is actually accepting bookings for them! Check out the promo:

Official 1DT promo from SimonWill Entertainment

Eddie Moss continues to draw crowds to his tribute to Michael in the Dance Hall Theater. I think he'll do at least one more season, and it's highly likely that he'll go back to his original schedule (2PM, 5PM and 8PM). And if he comes back, it's likely that Forever Kings will do its annual 2-week engagement as well.

After two autumn runs on the MWS, Melissa Totten's tribute to Madonna finally got a well-deserved summer run in the DHT. As excellent as the show was, unfortunately it didn't bring in the crowds the way MJ and 1DT did. Don't get me wrong, I love Melissa, but I'll be very surprised (and overjoyed!) if she comes back.

There is always at least one new show every year and I have a feeling it will be in place of Madonna, and in the 4PM and 7PM time slots. It will be a female act (every single year, SimonWill has at least one female tribute show), and I have a feeling it will be a tribute show that hasn't been done at Canobie before. I'll make a really bold prediction and say Britney Spears. It almost came back in 2012 but it was replaced by the first Justin Bieber tribute. Katie Murdock did "Britney's Dance Club" on the MWS in 2005, it would be nice to see her again but this time in the DHT.

David Hagerman has been a real trooper this year, doing shows in the spring (Extreme Science), summer (Hagerman's Vaudeville Magic Show) and fall (The Vaude-Villain Returns at ScreeemFest). He was also in Circus of the Strange at the first two 'Fests in 2009 and 2010. He should be back in 2015.

The SwingShift SideShow continues to be a popular attraction in the fall, so I expect it to be back next 'Fest; and RocktoberFest should have 1 or 2 new bands and some returnees. Bonfire definitely has a fan base at CLP, and it's wait and see on the others from this year's roster. If they took suggestions, I'd like to see tributes to Queen (which almost happened this year), Jimi Hendrix, and The Doors. MadJennyMorgan said that she wanted to see tributes to Aerosmith and Boston, to keep it "local".

Again, these are all predictions, so don't take this as gospel. In the meantime, let's enjoy what we have now while the park is still open.

So peaceful, so serene, so calm.....

pubman
Canobie Fan!
pubman
Canobie Fan!

17 Oct 2014, 00:06 #4

JustPlainSteve @ Oct 16 2014, 04:06 PM wrote: A little early with this, aren't you, Hoot?
:huh: I know, right.

My sentiments: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

hoot
Caterpillar
hoot
Caterpillar

20 Oct 2014, 13:21 #5

Think 2015 will bring back a full scale magic/illusion show?They seem to do one every few years.

mrceagle
Canobie Fan!
mrceagle
Canobie Fan!

20 Oct 2014, 14:20 #6

That woudl be cool, but it's more of a dance hall show which leaves the village stage empty again.

JustPlainSteve
Canobie Fan!

02 Apr 2015, 03:39 #7

Okay Hoot, the news you've been waiting for.....canobie.com has officially posted the complete lineup of shows for 2015, and they've titled it "Summah Palooza!" It's a lot to read as displayed on the website, so I'll break it down for everyone here:

May 16-June 26: "Extreme Science" with David Hagerman returns for another spring run on the MidWay Stage.

May 22-September 19: "The Canobie Ramblers" and "The Dixie Hot Four", CLP's legendary Dixieland bands, still doing their thing all summer long at the Log Flume Gazebo.

June 20-September 7: "Hagerman's Vaudeville Magic Show" is back for its third season on the Village Stage. Daily except Mondays.

June 20-September 7: "1DT Tribute to One Direction", last year's breakout hit show, returns for a full summer run on the MidWay Stage, complete with "Zayn Malik". Daily except Mondays.

*NEW! June 25-August 28: "Battle of the Bands", every Thursday and Friday evening. I'm guessing that this replaces the Thursday talent competition and the Friday Night Dance Party. MidWay Stage.

June 27, 28, and 29: "Tribute to The King", Matt Lewis brings his epic Elvis tribute show to the Dance Hall Theater for three days only.

June 27-July 27: "Tribute to Michael", Eddie Moss returns for his 6th season at Canobie's Dance Hall Theater for the first month of the summer season. Daily except Tuesdays.

*NEW! June 27-July 25: "Extreme Illusions & Escapes" makes its Canobie debut on the MidWay Stage. Daily except Mondays.

*NEW! June 29-July 5: "The Globe, Extreme Motorcycle Stunts" will take place at the park entrance for one week only.

July 3, 4, and every Saturday through Labor Day: Fireworks!

*NEW! July 2-July 15: "Comedic Juggling with Niels Duenker Live! Gravity Is Over-Rated" on the MidWay Stage for two weeks. Daily Except Tuesdays.

*NEW! July 18-July 31: "Bella Electric Strings", a quartet of female musicians, plays the MidWay Stage for two weeks. Daily Except Tuesdays.

*NEW! July 28-August 9: "The Great American Game Show" plays at the Dance Hall Theater for two weeks. Daily except Mondays. I hope that audience members get to be contestants!

*NEW! July 31-August 31: "The New Shanghai Circus, Amazing Chinese Acrobats" at the Dance Hall Theater for the last month of the summer season. Daily except Tuesdays.

*NEW! August 1-31: "Rock Candy", a female singing trio, rocks the MidWay Stage for the entire month of August. Daily except Tuesdays.

September 26-October 31: "RocktoberFest" returns to the MidWay Stage for its second year at ScreeemFest. Individual bands to be announced later.

September 26-October 31: "The SwingShift SideShow", Andrew S. and Kelvikta the Blade return for their third ScreeemFest season on the MidWay Stage.

*NEW! October 9-11 and 16-18: "Tribute to Michael: GHOSTS!", Eddie Moss is back, making his MidWay Stage debut with a new spooky-themed show for two weekends during ScreeemFest!

Exact showtimes to be announced later.

I'm glad that Eddie will get to be part of ScreeemFest this year. This will be a busy year for live shows! Good thing I have more than 2 dozen day passes!

pubman
Canobie Fan!
pubman
Canobie Fan!

02 Apr 2015, 11:20 #8

Wow. I'm so glad Matt Lewis is returning, even if it's a short stint. Also glad David is returning for the Vaudeville show.

Yes, the Eddie Moss' involvement in Screeemfest is definitely interesting.

I wonder what/when the Rocktoberfest lineup will be announced.

JustPlainSteve
Canobie Fan!

02 Apr 2015, 13:56 #9

I'm sure the RocktoberFest roster will be announced closer to the end of the summer. SimonWill is probably still lining up the acts.

mrceagle
Canobie Fan!
mrceagle
Canobie Fan!

02 Apr 2015, 17:54 #10

Most of those doesn't merit a special trip. As for the Screemfest Jackson show It dose look interesting. I guess I won't be hitting opening weekend of Screemfest.

JustPlainSteve
Canobie Fan!

14 Apr 2015, 12:08 #11

Here's a 30-minute video of The New Shanghai Circus, which is scheduled to play in the Dance Hall Theater from July 31 through August 31:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvTCAl-JWws

pubman
Canobie Fan!
pubman
Canobie Fan!

14 Apr 2015, 13:53 #12

Looks entertaining. Talented group.

hoot
Caterpillar
hoot
Caterpillar

14 Apr 2015, 18:23 #13

I think it is great to have so many shows, i like the magic shows always and the circus looks cool too!

Hoot

JustPlainSteve
Canobie Fan!

14 Apr 2015, 18:34 #14

I thought you'd like that! Hoot! Hoot! Hoot! :lol:

JustPlainSteve
Canobie Fan!

19 Apr 2015, 18:13 #15

The "Comedy Juggling" show has been edited on the canobie.com shows page to read, "Comedic Juggling with Niels Duenker Live! Gravity Is Over-Rated". Here is a 2-minute compilation of his show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgmcSZnRUj8

According to his Wikipedia page, Niels is a professional comedy juggler from the Netherlands. He holds 3 Guinness World Records and was awarded "Variety Act Of The Year" by the International Magicians Society (IMS). He started juggling at the age of 12 in his birthplace of Rotterdam. Between the age of 13 and 17 he has been a member of the youth circus "Circus Rotjeknor" in Rotterdam.

His show will play on the MidWay Stage for two weeks in July (2-15), and I think that this is the first time that the park has hosted an international magic act since 2009, when Australian master illusionist Ben Murphy performed MystiQue in the Dance Hall Theater.

pubman
Canobie Fan!
pubman
Canobie Fan!

21 Apr 2015, 17:47 #16

"Battle of the Bands" has been announced:

http://canobie.com/battle/

mrceagle
Canobie Fan!
mrceagle
Canobie Fan!

21 Apr 2015, 21:06 #17

that's a pretty good purse. makes me want to start a band.

JustPlainSteve
Canobie Fan!

06 May 2015, 00:55 #18

Here's a promo video for Bella Electric Strings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fmqHr2Lh6Y

I am looking forward to this one!

pubman
Canobie Fan!
pubman
Canobie Fan!

06 May 2015, 10:36 #19

Wow, they're good!

mrceagle
Canobie Fan!
mrceagle
Canobie Fan!

06 May 2015, 14:25 #20

wow, impressive!

JustPlainSteve
Canobie Fan!

14 May 2015, 03:29 #21

David Hagerman posted on his Facebook page that he would be at CLP through October 31, doing three different shows. So we can look forward to another great season with Extreme Science, Hagerman's Vaudeville Magic Show and his roaming street magic during ScreeemFest. :D

pubman
Canobie Fan!
pubman
Canobie Fan!

14 May 2015, 10:57 #22

Great news. He really cheered me up last year. :D

pubman
Canobie Fan!
pubman
Canobie Fan!

17 May 2015, 23:39 #23

I finally saw Hagerman's Extreme Science show. David is excellent, as usual. The show is very informative, as well as entertaining. I love the vortex demonstration with the barrel and the fog.

mrceagle
Canobie Fan!
mrceagle
Canobie Fan!

18 May 2015, 00:46 #24

To be honest the science show interests me more then the Magic act dose. I really wish it lasted longer.

JustPlainSteve
Canobie Fan!

18 May 2015, 01:50 #25

David also said that this year's Vaudeville Magic Show will have all-new tricks, it will not be a repeat of last year's show.

Heads-up--the week of June 20-26, he will perform both shows (Science and Magic).

pubman
Canobie Fan!
pubman
Canobie Fan!

23 May 2015, 22:43 #26

JustPlainSteve @ May 17 2015, 09:50 PM wrote: David also said that this year's Vaudeville Magic Show will have all-new tricks, it will not be a repeat of last year's show.
:D :lol:

His dry humor will definitely be back! I love his humor.

pubman
Canobie Fan!
pubman
Canobie Fan!

31 May 2015, 23:33 #27

pubman @ Apr 21 2015, 01:47 PM wrote: "Battle of the Bands" has been announced:

http://canobie.com/battle/
Canobie has updated this page with bands that made the cut:

http://www.canobie.com/battle/

JustPlainSteve
Canobie Fan!

13 Jun 2015, 13:28 #28

Canobie just posted this on their Facebook page:

"FREE ADMISSION for SENIORS AGES 60+ on Big Band Day, Sunday, June 14, 2015 at Canobie Lake Park! All seniors ages 60+ (with ID) are FREE on Big Band Day! Plus... don't miss a special performance by the Dave Whitney Orchestra in the historic Dance Hall Theater from 1pm-3pm. Make sure to bring your dancing shoes!!!

Complete details on all of our specials are available at http://www.canobie.com/specials.php"

I love how the park keeps with tradition like this, honoring the origins of the Dance Hall Theater when it was the Canobie Ballroom.

pubman
Canobie Fan!
pubman
Canobie Fan!

15 Jun 2015, 14:32 #29

I have a question maybe one of you can answer. On the 27th, good family friends of mine may be going to Canobie. I want to know how (or if) I can have Matt Lewis give the woman a scarf/kiss during his show? It would make her day.

mrceagle
Canobie Fan!
mrceagle
Canobie Fan!

16 Jun 2015, 04:53 #30

He tends to go to those in the front and inside rows. so that area will improve your chances.

I have heard the Dave Whitney Orchestra they are pretty good.