This is Interesting!!

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

This is Interesting!!

Ed Storey
Ed Storey

February 14th, 2008, 3:16 am #1

Who would have believed this?

[/IMG]

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

February 14th, 2008, 3:40 am #2

If you are referring to the kit being worn by each soldier, it was standard fare in the 1960s and early 60s till combat clothing was issued, especially for HQ pers doing annual qualification when all sorts of kit might be worn. Units generally dressed the same but the mix of pers behing the firers suggest a HQ doing annual qualification.

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

February 14th, 2008, 3:43 am #3

[/IMG]
Another look and I note that the group of three officers behind the firers are wearing combat clothing.

DT.

Mike Dyer
Mike Dyer

February 14th, 2008, 4:07 am #4

They could be army cadets on the range, many cadet units had WW2 equipment up to the late eighties. Nice to see the FNC1, I prefer the FNC2 lots of fun to shoot.

Jordan Baker
Jordan Baker

February 14th, 2008, 4:44 am #5

[/IMG]
First thing I see is that he is shooting with his left hand. I used to do that until I was shown the proper army way.

Jordan

Ed Storey
Ed Storey

February 14th, 2008, 4:48 am #6

[/IMG]
Check out the helmets...

Gord Bennett
Gord Bennett

February 14th, 2008, 4:49 am #7

They could be army cadets on the range, many cadet units had WW2 equipment up to the late eighties. Nice to see the FNC1, I prefer the FNC2 lots of fun to shoot.
From looking at the age and build of the riflemen, i personally don't believe they're cadets. I think they're possibly reservists wearing a mixture of the older kit right around the 64 pattern transition period, the range DS staff being reg force personnel.

Roger Lucy
Roger Lucy

February 14th, 2008, 12:37 pm #8

First thing I see is that he is shooting with his left hand. I used to do that until I was shown the proper army way.

Jordan
I can't be absolutly sure under all that netting butthe guy in the foreground at least seems to have a Mk.IV

Ken Joyce
Ken Joyce

February 14th, 2008, 1:30 pm #9

Check out the helmets...
I know the Ontario Regiment for one had MKIV helmets in stores up until my time in the 80's. Some were standard greenish finish, black or painted in our colours with decals for parade. I was surprised to see them then as well.

dale
dale

February 14th, 2008, 1:59 pm #10

i no the e&k scots were still issued 54 pttn web gear in the early 80's.
i was in cadets at the time and wore bush dress with puttes, as combats weren't all that available out side of the reg's and militia.