snipers ww2

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

snipers ww2

June 9th, 2005, 1:34 am #1

what did the canadians use for sniper rifles?

Ed Storey
Ed Storey

June 9th, 2005, 1:56 am #2

A quick look at the Service Publications website will reveal a great book on Canadian Sniping equipment entitled "Without Warning".

Chris Furlotte
Chris Furlotte

June 9th, 2005, 3:49 am #3

Ted, I've got the book and it's quite extensive with the amount of research has gone into it and worth every penny! If you need a copy I can get one for you. (The pictures alone are worth it!!)

The close up- on Rifles both bolt action/semi-auto and bino's (Binoculars) are in here as well and I would "highly reccomend" it for your library for refence material.

Pro Patria (dude)

Chris

PS. Never Pass A Fault

Alex Itenson
Alex Itenson

June 9th, 2005, 7:59 pm #4

Hey, are you the same Furlotte who was with us in 1 and 2RCR over in Germany in the '60s?

Michael Dorosh
Michael Dorosh

June 9th, 2005, 8:42 pm #5

I suspect they're raised the recruiting age since then, if that is the case...Furlotte will tell you there is no shame in wearing rubber pants at that age either. Right, Alice?

June 9th, 2005, 9:21 pm #6

Hey, are you the same Furlotte who was with us in 1 and 2RCR over in Germany in the '60s?
I don't think it is him but it might be his dad............Chris is on 38

Clive M. Law - Service Publications
Clive M. Law - Service Publications

June 10th, 2005, 2:27 am #7

A quick look at the Service Publications website will reveal a great book on Canadian Sniping equipment entitled "Without Warning".
This sounds like you are 'pimping' books again.

Chris Furlotte
Chris Furlotte

June 10th, 2005, 3:17 am #8

Alex, my father joined up in 1964 (1 Battalion RCR)in London,Ontario. The in 1965 he was transfered to Soest,Germany (Fort York)from then till late 1969! He always told me with pride that it was the best times of his life and had many good buddies over there and the "Royals" were true blue- Ohhh maybe he meant Labatts Blue "lol"

BTW: I was born in Soest,Germany.

Chris Furlotte
Chris Furlotte

June 10th, 2005, 3:20 am #9

This sounds like you are 'pimping' books again.
goes......

Chris Furlotte
Chris Furlotte

June 10th, 2005, 3:23 am #10

I don't think it is him but it might be his dad............Chris is on 38
Regardless of the spelling we're part of the Big Maritimer family!

Where there is a Canadian Army....you'll no doubt find a Ferlatte,Firlotte,Furlotte