Shoulder Titles

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Shoulder Titles

March 23rd, 2010, 9:39 pm #1

Thanks to all for the replies to my previous question. As you may have already guessed, I'm putting together a small 'shadow box' of my Dad's various uniform insignia which I've been piecing together based on his service records. I have all his medals, a single RCEME collar dog and cap badge, the rest are 'fill in the blank' items. He started out in the RCOC and I picked up these two flashes at a local show. The dealer was kind enough (hell, he GAVE them to me) to say that he wasn't sure if the red vs. pink was accidental or deliberate. He thought pink may have meant armour but I think that's a German distinction. Were there actually colour distinctions or was this just a wartime deviation? I appreciate they may have be locally manufactured using readily available thread/dyes rather than officially sanctioned materiel. The cat hairs are 21st century...
Cheers, Dave

Bill
Bill

March 23rd, 2010, 10:11 pm #2

Hi Dave, The colour difference is simply a dye lot difference or fading.

March 23rd, 2010, 10:45 pm #3

I was hoping we weren't that anal, er, sophisticated. The saddest part is that, other than the folks on this forum, no-one will even known if this is even right or wrong. I have no kids to pass this research on to and the museums won't be interested as Dad was just another 'PBI' but I want to get it right, even if it's just for ME!
Cheers, Dave

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

March 24th, 2010, 1:37 am #4

be interested in your display or even the EME museum.
The RCOC Museum is located in Montreal and the EME Museum is located in CFB Borden.

DT.