Repro 1CANPARA Badges

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Repro 1CANPARA Badges

August 9th, 2007, 9:29 pm #1

Looking to purchase ten, twenty, or perhaps a much larger quantity of good quality 1CANPARA capbadges at a fair price. Also searching for a source for a similar quantity of CAR capbadges. Quantity determined by price.
Thanks, Alex

Rick Randall
Rick Randall

August 10th, 2007, 8:27 pm #2

For the 1CanPara badges, are you looking for plastic or brass?

For the CAR badges, I would look at http://www.joedrouin.com. (He also does a decent repro of the 1CanPara officer's badge.)

August 10th, 2007, 11:21 pm #3

Thanks, Rick
No sooner had I posted the request than I realized that I should have stated plastic or metal.
Either one will do but metal is preferable.
And thanks for recommending Joe - being a member of the Airborne Association, I've dealt with Joe on several occasions over the years and I've found him to be real easy to deal with. I've already dashed off an E to him. Thanks for the heads-up on the badges.
BTW, out of curiosity, how many guys do you have in your Airborne group down there and is it the only one in the States?
Alex

Rick Randall, HQ Coy 1CanPara (Reenacted)
Rick Randall, HQ Coy 1CanPara (Reenacted)

August 15th, 2007, 8:04 pm #4

We ("HQ Coy") are carrying 23 official members right now, with about a half dozen good prospects (thankfully, mostly fit teenagers) in pre-application status.

Most of us are on the East Coast, primarily clustered around Virginia/Maryland, with a few guys elsewhere (including three in Minnesota).

As far as I know, we are the only ACTIVE 1CanPara group in the US, and we try to maintain good ties to the active groups ("A Coy" in the Maritimes and "C Coy" out of Ontario) we are aware of in Canada.

Rick