Regimental numbers needed

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Regimental numbers needed

J.Garnier
J.Garnier

April 30th, 2012, 8:09 pm #1

Good day gentlemen, I was wondering if any members of this forum could tell me what were the regimental numbers uesd for the Prince Edward Light Horse in MD 6 Active Force (unit only shown in the Reserve Force). Also same information needed for the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada in MD 10 Active Force (only 2nd Bn. shown in the Reserve Force).
Both units are missing from Clive Law's Regimental Numbers' book first edition and they still don't appear in the second edition.......
Thanks
Jo

J.Garnier
J.Garnier

May 2nd, 2012, 5:07 pm #2

No one...??????

Clive M. Law - Service Publications
Clive M. Law - Service Publications

May 2nd, 2012, 11:27 pm #3

Well Jocelyn,
If the numbers aren't in the book, and all of the numbers come from DND, then the numbers are missing from DND and no one else would have them and be able to post them.

Clive

May 3rd, 2012, 4:57 am #4

Good day gentlemen, I was wondering if any members of this forum could tell me what were the regimental numbers uesd for the Prince Edward Light Horse in MD 6 Active Force (unit only shown in the Reserve Force). Also same information needed for the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada in MD 10 Active Force (only 2nd Bn. shown in the Reserve Force).
Both units are missing from Clive Law's Regimental Numbers' book first edition and they still don't appear in the second edition.......
Thanks
Jo
I'd suggest contacting the Regimental Museum of the QOCH; I have a copy of the Lion Rampant, one of their regimental histories, but it is a pictorial history and I doubt it lists the service number blocks. I'm happy to look when I am able to locate my copy.

Jim Pharris, who posts occasionally on this site, has done some research into the QOCH of Can as I recall and may have some primary reference material to share if I can be excused for speaking for him.

I did have a web page with some service number blocks that one of the NWHA reenactors had compiled for the main CASF units - if I can locate it in my files I'll see if the PEILH and QOCH are among them, though it is possible the information originally came from the same source that Clive's pamphlet did, if not Clive's pamphlet itself.
Michael Dorosh
Webmaster
canadiansoldiers.com

J.Garnier
J.Garnier

May 3rd, 2012, 12:57 pm #5

Thank you very much Clive and Micheal for your help,much appreciated.
Jo