Reference Books for Sale

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Reference Books for Sale

Bill A
Bill A

November 8th, 2010, 2:44 pm #1

I recently bought a Second World War Canadian badge collection and reference library. I am offering some hard to find reference books that are duplicate to my library. Prices as indicated, SHIPPING additional. Shipping is actual Canada Post cost. I will combine shipping on multiple purchases.

Canadian War Service Badges 1914-1954,
For sale, an excellent condition copy of CANADIAN WAR SERVICE BADGES 1914-1954 by Robbie Johnson, Johnson Books Surrey British Columbia, 1995. Card covers, spiral bound, 216 pages, high quality paper. This is the authoritative work on the war service badges as issued by the Canadian government. Includes the various patterns issued in the First World War, Second World War, and for the Korean War. Long out of print, this is an essential reference work for Canadian researchers and collectors.
$110 plus shipping.

EX COELIS The Badges and Insignia of the Canadian Airborne Forces,
For sale, The Badges and Insignia of The Canadian Airborne Forces, Lou Grimshaw, 1981. A survey of the cap badges, collars, wings, shoulder titles, etc, as worn by different airborne components of the Canadian army. Includes the Canadian Parachute Corps, 1 Canadian Parachute Bn, FSSF, the airborne companies post war, the Canadian Airborne Regiment, SSF, and the qualification and trade badges. Profusely illustrated. Very good condition.
Long out of print, this is another valuable reference work.
$50 plus shipping.

The CONCISE LINEAGES of the CANADIAN ARMY 1855-Date.
For sale, the very useful THE CONCISE LINEAGES of the CANADIAN ARMY 1855-Date, by Charles Stewart. Revised edition 1982. This book is a great reference for tracing the evolution and transitions of units in the Canadian army from circa the 1860's through the 1970's. Illustrated with badge images of the units, card stock cover. 193 pages plus index plus bibliography. The previous owner has circled or checked off some books in the bibliography in red ink. Other ways, near mint condition.
$35 plus shipping.

THE CANADIAN ARMY AT WAR Osprey Men at Arms Series # 164.
For sale, the Osprey booklet on the CANADIAN ARMY AT WAR by Mike Chappell, A survey of the uniforms and some insignia as worn by the Canadian army from circa 1900 until the 1960's. A thumb nail history with 8 pages of colour plates. Near mint condition.
$10 plus shipping.

British Battle Insignia (1): 1914-18. Osprey Men at Arms Series #182.
For sale, the Osprey booklet out-lining the use of battle patches by the British army during the First World War. 8 pages of colour plates. Near mint condition.
$10 plus shipping.

British Battle Insignia 2: 1939-45
For sale, the Osprey booklet out-lining the use of battle patches by the British army during the Second World War. 8 pages of colour plates. Near mint condition.
$10 plus shipping.

Bill A
Bill A

November 21st, 2010, 3:29 pm #2

The War Services Badges is now $90 plus shipping.
Ex Coleus is $45.
Concise Lineages $30.
Shipping is at cost.

November 21st, 2010, 4:34 pm #3

Bill,
Shoot me an email. I'll take the Ex Coleus book.
Interestingly enough, Lou is the guy standing to my right in our Phase 3 Borden photo.
Alex

November 21st, 2010, 4:35 pm #4

That was me.
Alex

Bill A
Bill A

November 21st, 2010, 6:08 pm #5

Hi Alex, Please contact me at alexanderrw@gmail.com
Thanks.

Bill A
Bill A

November 23rd, 2010, 4:17 pm #6

The Concise Lineages, War Badges, and Ex Coelis have all been spoken for. Thanks.