Plimsoles

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Plimsoles

Bryan Carney
Bryan Carney

May 16th, 2007, 4:27 pm #1

Hello All,
Im trying to find informations on the use of Plimsoles in Europe during WW2. Also if anyone has a picture of an orginal pair that they could post the link that would also be very helpful. Thank You in Advance.

Clive M. Law - Service Publications
Clive M. Law - Service Publications

May 16th, 2007, 4:31 pm #2

If you state what size I am sure that Ed Storey could find exactly what you are looking for.

Clifford S. Weirmeir
Clifford S. Weirmeir

May 16th, 2007, 9:34 pm #3

Hello All,
Im trying to find informations on the use of Plimsoles in Europe during WW2. Also if anyone has a picture of an orginal pair that they could post the link that would also be very helpful. Thank You in Advance.
There is a pair pictured on http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca in the Virtual Museum, in the uniforms section. There is much work still being done on my site but its slow going.

Bryan Carney
Bryan Carney

May 16th, 2007, 10:10 pm #4

Thanks Clive and Clifford.....My follow up questions would be does anyone have an orginal pair for a size 13 foot they would part with?

GrantR, Medicine Hat, AB
GrantR, Medicine Hat, AB

May 17th, 2007, 2:28 pm #5

Bryan:

"Things Military" in Calgary has them in stock, "unissued original" ... and, believe it or not, the description says "ONLY SIZE 13" .... Price is $36.05

Direct link: http://www.thingsmilitary.com/products/ ... 93-25.html

A.J. Lockard
A.J. Lockard

May 17th, 2007, 3:59 pm #6

I see Nazi Bill has redone his website. Is it current?

Bryan Carney
Bryan Carney

May 17th, 2007, 4:36 pm #7

Looks like its my lucky day.....

Bryan Carney
Bryan Carney

May 17th, 2007, 9:38 pm #8

Does anyone know of any one who has more sizes.....Not to get picky but I would also be in the market for a size 9-11........Thanks Everyone