Passchendaele movie uniforms & equipment for sale?

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Passchendaele movie uniforms & equipment for sale?

A.M.C.
A.M.C.

December 18th, 2008, 10:01 am #1

Are they selling off any of the Passchendaele movie uniforms & equipment now that production is over?

A.M.C.

Ed Storey
Ed Storey

December 18th, 2008, 10:17 am #2

Yes, the sale was about 6 weeks ago. I bought two British Helmets, one plastic one converted from a WWII MkII, a repro Feldmutz and a repro Collarless Shirt. The Feldmutz was the nicest of the lot, none of the webbing was for sale.

Complete Canadian and German uniforms were for sale, I have heard that those that bought examples were happy with the quality. The badges and buttons, all restrikes, were for sale but they were very expensive.

I can post some images tonight.

Ed Storey
Ed Storey

December 20th, 2008, 2:58 am #3

Are they selling off any of the Passchendaele movie uniforms & equipment now that production is over?

A.M.C.
This is an original Feldmutz.

Here is the reproduction from Passendaele.

Here is an original Mk I Helmet.

These are the passendaele reproductions first with the plastic then the Mk II conversion.

December 20th, 2008, 9:03 pm #4

There were some of the Canadian uniforms for sale in Calgary in October, at a costume storage warehouse. I went to have a look, but was disappointed in the quality of the uniforms. They looked fine from a distance, but up close you could easily see that the design and the colour were wrong. Most were in reasonable condition, but they had not been cleaned, and several had rips and tears. I thought the prices were a little high, too. A tunic and trousers were selling for ~$250 to ~$450. Among the other items that were not really for sale, but could be negotiated, I found a dozen P39a Canadian officer BD tunics dated 1940 and 1941. I bought a couple of them, but they weren't cheap.

Ed Storey
Ed Storey

December 21st, 2008, 3:56 am #5

That was the reason why I only bought the helmets, shirt and Feldmutz as I was concerned about the quality and only wanted a few things from the production. I have read in another forum that one or two persons had bought the full SD uniform and were very happy with it, but to be honest I was not sure how much they knew about SD in order to make a comparison.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:19 pm #6

Yes, the sale was about 6 weeks ago. I bought two British Helmets, one plastic one converted from a WWII MkII, a repro Feldmutz and a repro Collarless Shirt. The Feldmutz was the nicest of the lot, none of the webbing was for sale.

Complete Canadian and German uniforms were for sale, I have heard that those that bought examples were happy with the quality. The badges and buttons, all restrikes, were for sale but they were very expensive.

I can post some images tonight.
Hey there,

Was just wondering how much the helmets were. I'm so srry to bother you, but I have two authentic helmets, and they are complete, but they came from a family friend. I am in Regina, and would have DIED to go to that sale. Just wondering what the price of the helmets were each.

Thanks so much,
Jason