Panzer Faust 60 decal

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Panzer Faust 60 decal

Gordon Pringle
Gordon Pringle

June 4th, 2007, 8:21 pm #1

I am throwing this out to the general population here. I am looking for a repro instruction decal that goes on the head of a Panzer Faust 60. Maybe some of the reenactor guys that also dress up as WW2 Germans might of assistance? TIA.

AJ Lockard
AJ Lockard

June 4th, 2007, 9:22 pm #2

Will that repro decal be marked as such? I'd hate to think you were trying to devalue people's collections of original Nazi rocket launcher decals.

Steve Forth
Steve Forth

June 4th, 2007, 9:34 pm #3

I am throwing this out to the general population here. I am looking for a repro instruction decal that goes on the head of a Panzer Faust 60. Maybe some of the reenactor guys that also dress up as WW2 Germans might of assistance? TIA.
I was hoping to use it in the event that I find a restorable panzerfaust 60 someday. I believe that you can purchase large labels for use in printers and I could send you a good quality scan so that you can make your own. Let me know if you're interested.

Gordon
Gordon

June 5th, 2007, 10:30 am #4

I have read at another site that all the markings for both the head and tube where water transfer decals. If you can send me a scan of the head decal that would help me along but I just know that someone must be knocking off a decent repro decal set. jamesgpringle@hotmail.com Many thanks Gordon

Jordan Baker
Jordan Baker

June 5th, 2007, 12:07 pm #5

Hi Gordon

I found a place on the net that sells a complete set.

http://www.weikert.istore.pl/sklep,1670 ... 044,0.html

Jordan

Steve Forth
Steve Forth

June 5th, 2007, 5:13 pm #6

I have read at another site that all the markings for both the head and tube where water transfer decals. If you can send me a scan of the head decal that would help me along but I just know that someone must be knocking off a decent repro decal set. jamesgpringle@hotmail.com Many thanks Gordon
I had no idea, I received my decal as a spare with a Gmax panzerfaust 60 I traded for a few years ago. That set of decals that Jordan shows looks promising.

Michael Dorosh
Michael Dorosh

June 5th, 2007, 5:56 pm #7

My understanding of decals of 1940s vintage, at least German ones, is that they were applied with varnish rather than water, and were more durable than the water-slide transfers you'd find in, say, plastic model kits today - but that the technology would be difficult to reproduce.

So those original decal collectors' investments are safe.

Gord Pringle
Gord Pringle

June 5th, 2007, 8:07 pm #8

Hi Gordon

I found a place on the net that sells a complete set.

http://www.weikert.istore.pl/sklep,1670 ... 044,0.html

Jordan
Following the sage advice of others from this forum I did the internet recce first and found those decals before posting here. I am hoping to find a full set this side of the Atlantic Wall (read in N. America).

Gordon Pringle
Gordon Pringle

June 9th, 2007, 1:36 am #9

My understanding of decals of 1940s vintage, at least German ones, is that they were applied with varnish rather than water, and were more durable than the water-slide transfers you'd find in, say, plastic model kits today - but that the technology would be difficult to reproduce.

So those original decal collectors' investments are safe.
Does anyone have a original paint PF60 who could tell me if the paint was shot into the rear of the tube or was its inner surface left bright?

Steve Forth
Steve Forth

June 14th, 2007, 5:19 am #10

I had the opportunity to look inside the tube of a friend's panzerfaust this evening and it does not appear to have been painted. The more I think about this, the more it makes sense that it wouldn't be painted.