New Brunswick units of WWII

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

New Brunswick units of WWII

January 9th, 2012, 9:00 pm #1

I'm wondering if anyone can direct me. Is there a way to find a record of someone who enlisted in WWII in the early months of 1941 from New Brunswick. I'm not sure exactly where in New Brunswick, but I believe somewhere close to Maugerville. The name I'm looking for is Marshall DeMerchant.

Thankyou

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

January 10th, 2012, 7:23 pm #2

Library and Archives Canada has the records you want and a website. Go to it and you will learn how to get the info you want.

You can also do a search of this website for the process. Just enter 'searching for relative' and that should bring up information for you.

DT.

January 11th, 2012, 1:03 am #3

Thanks for responding Doug. I have tried the government websites. It seems searching for WWII vets is not very easy. I can't seem to get any information on the New Brunswick Government websites. I was thinking maybe they don't release info on WWII vets because not enough time has passed and perhaps it has to do with privacy laws......or maybe I'm just missing something. Thanks for your help; much appreciated.

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

January 11th, 2012, 3:18 am #4

Here's the link. Click on 'Geneology' and enjoy your search.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/index-e.html

DT.

Pearl
Pearl

August 4th, 2012, 3:23 pm #5

I'm wondering if anyone can direct me. Is there a way to find a record of someone who enlisted in WWII in the early months of 1941 from New Brunswick. I'm not sure exactly where in New Brunswick, but I believe somewhere close to Maugerville. The name I'm looking for is Marshall DeMerchant.

Thankyou
Marshall Demerchat is my Grandfather.........is there someting I can help you with?

Pearl
Pearl

August 4th, 2012, 4:13 pm #6

Whoops, just noticed I spelled Gramp's name wrong in my previous post, It should have been Marshall DeMerchant