Military Uniform Supplier

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Military Uniform Supplier

May 16th, 2009, 12:35 am #1

I have been trying to locate a military uniform supplier in Toronto, named Ascot Clothes, without success. My reason for trying to contact them is to find a replacement scarce military button for a patrol uniform that I just bought from one of the frequent users of this site. The missing button is a screw-back epaulette button for an officer's patrol tunic.

It appears that Ascot has gone out of business, but there must be a source for military buttons. Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that may be able to help me with the button I am looking for.

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

May 16th, 2009, 2:14 am #2

Try William Scully in Montreal. The company has a web site.

DT.

Clive M. Law - Service Publications
Clive M. Law - Service Publications

May 16th, 2009, 1:33 pm #3

I have been trying to locate a military uniform supplier in Toronto, named Ascot Clothes, without success. My reason for trying to contact them is to find a replacement scarce military button for a patrol uniform that I just bought from one of the frequent users of this site. The missing button is a screw-back epaulette button for an officer's patrol tunic.

It appears that Ascot has gone out of business, but there must be a source for military buttons. Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that may be able to help me with the button I am looking for.
I have some Corps' buttons and the odd Regimental.

May 16th, 2009, 2:29 pm #4

Hi Clive. The button I am looking for is from the Royal Regiment of Canada. It is ~17mm, and looks like the folowing ...

May 16th, 2009, 2:29 pm #5

Try William Scully in Montreal. The company has a web site.

DT.
Thanks Doug. I'll give them a try.