Looking for G.O. 110/20

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Looking for G.O. 110/20

April 9th, 2017, 10:40 pm #1

"I am looking for two General Orders from 1929. They are G.O. No. 110 and G.O. No. 123. They each contain a list of Battle Honours earned by Battalions in the Great War." Resaw on CEFSG Forum 2014

"Has anyone ever compiled a master list of battle honours as awarded to the CEF Battalions?" Michael Dorosh of CEFSG Forum 2011

Neither of these messages ended with an full answer, and having Stewart's CONCISE LINEAGES (Revised) I din't find a compiled list. Did I miss it? Both of these G.O. numbers are skipped in the Canada Gazette, or are they in a special issue? Anyone know where they are (on the web) ?

Neil

April 9th, 2017, 11:28 pm #2

Looking for the 1929 110 not the 1920 one (Wrong Header)

John
John

April 12th, 2017, 3:32 pm #3

"I am looking for two General Orders from 1929. They are G.O. No. 110 and G.O. No. 123. They each contain a list of Battle Honours earned by Battalions in the Great War." Resaw on CEFSG Forum 2014

"Has anyone ever compiled a master list of battle honours as awarded to the CEF Battalions?" Michael Dorosh of CEFSG Forum 2011

Neither of these messages ended with an full answer, and having Stewart's CONCISE LINEAGES (Revised) I din't find a compiled list. Did I miss it? Both of these G.O. numbers are skipped in the Canada Gazette, or are they in a special issue? Anyone know where they are (on the web) ?

Neil
Occasionally I roust my lazy butt and fire up the scanner.
A pdf of the 1929 General Order Appendix can be found for viewing or downloading at http://mpmuseum.org/ww1honours.html

April 13th, 2017, 1:16 am #4

WOW
Thanks John
Better than I hoped for

Neil T

April 13th, 2017, 4:50 am #5

Neil
Thanks again John

Looking at both quickly I note that some battalions are missing, but digging around I note that they where incorporated with other units. The 228th Bn was re-designated 6th Bn Canadian Railway Troops, and that type seems to be missing. Not having look at these units before so I don't have much info to go on.

Are there other G.O.s like these, or those units listed within the Canadian Gazette?
I'm not asking you to find them, just if you know of them

Neil T

John
John

April 13th, 2017, 1:45 pm #6

Found parts 3 and 4 and put them online on the same page. The 228th Bn is the last entry in Part 4.
Enjoy.

April 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm #7

Thanks John

Old information never dies, it just hides in dark places.

Thanks for finding and scanning them.
Neil T

April 13th, 2017, 4:03 pm #8

Occasionally I roust my lazy butt and fire up the scanner.
A pdf of the 1929 General Order Appendix can be found for viewing or downloading at http://mpmuseum.org/ww1honours.html
Many thanks.

John, a former MP just sent me a bunch of photos of his UN service, good colour pics with brassards in evidence. I'll forward them to you for your use.
Michael Dorosh
Webmaster
canadiansoldiers.com