Looking for Book:

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Looking for Book:

Scott Paton
Scott Paton

July 20th, 2009, 5:36 pm #1

I am trying to put my hands on a copy of the book: Drab Serge and Khaki Drill. I am sure that this is standard reference for some on this board but if someone has a surplus that would be great! If you can help me out scott.paton@live.ca

kind regards,
Scott

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

July 20th, 2009, 5:45 pm #2

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 20th, 2009, 5:55 pm #3

I have but to no avail...

July 20th, 2009, 9:52 pm #4

I am trying to put my hands on a copy of the book: Drab Serge and Khaki Drill. I am sure that this is standard reference for some on this board but if someone has a surplus that would be great! If you can help me out scott.paton@live.ca

kind regards,
Scott
Michel Perrier has one listed on his site $125 excellent condition. Phone number (450) 466-1942. F.Y.I. Mike.

Clive M. Law - Service Publications
Clive M. Law - Service Publications

July 21st, 2009, 3:17 pm #5

This is an internal publication of Parks Canada and a request to them (in Winnipeg) may get you a copy.
I looked into re-printing this for public consumption but Parks Canada, in keeping with government policy, wanted it to be a bilingual publication and I was not about to spend that kind of money to satisfy such a small market! There has been talk of some bootleg copies being produced but I haven't heard anything beyond the rumour stage

Scott Paton
Scott Paton

July 21st, 2009, 3:48 pm #6

Thanks Clive, I may give that a try. I am not a museum just a private enthusiast so I don't know what their appetite may be.

and Mike, thank you for the heads up about that one on Michael's site, I may have to take the plunge and pick it up for $125 if the Pasrks Canada inquiry doens't get me anywhere.

Dave Hiorth
Dave Hiorth

July 21st, 2009, 9:40 pm #7

They have finally figured it out so save your money and you will get it much cheaper. Release date with new additions will be I understand less than 6 month.

July 21st, 2009, 11:14 pm #8

Thanks Clive, I may give that a try. I am not a museum just a private enthusiast so I don't know what their appetite may be.

and Mike, thank you for the heads up about that one on Michael's site, I may have to take the plunge and pick it up for $125 if the Pasrks Canada inquiry doens't get me anywhere.
Hi Scott. You could also try my friend Simon at Vanwell Publishing in St Catharines Ontario (905)937-3100. He might have a copy in stock. F.Y.I. Mike. P.S. Where are you located?

Dave Hiorth
Dave Hiorth

July 22nd, 2009, 12:25 am #9

But you can try if you would like. Save your money and wait a few months. It will cost you much less than buying it right now at a much higher price. The second edition will be much more expanded and have more information in it
Dave

July 24th, 2009, 7:06 pm #10

I am unaware of the new printing. I will have to ask Grant about this and see if he knows his work is being re-released.

Cheers,

Bob