Looking for a Dewat Bren

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Looking for a Dewat Bren

David Clark
David Clark

June 24th, 2007, 3:11 pm #1

Here's a good one....

I am looking for a dewat WW2 Bren in good condition (not a chop set rebuild).

Went to the Etobicoke show yesterday and there was one sitting on a table but I could not find the actual owner...anywhere! Apparently it was dropped off and the gentleman took off, too.

Off topic - there was a dewat example of the British Navy's Lanchester at the show. But personally not interested.

Please let me know if there are any Brens out there for sale.

Best regards,

D.C->

Clifford S. Weirmeir
Clifford S. Weirmeir

June 24th, 2007, 9:17 pm #2

I saw that Bren MkII on the table....the guy was working the show. I was able to talk to him for a few minutes about it. He was askiing $2000.00. This Bren was a chop job... Thats why I was so intersted in it as I just closed the deal on a chopped job and wanted to know how the chop marks were filled, either with metal or filler. The cuts on that Bren were filled by welding. The same I am planning to do with mine soon as it is in hand.

June 26th, 2007, 1:21 am #3

Check with Fred at collectors source in Acton I think he still has a couple .tell him Mark told you to call

jim anderson
jim anderson

August 21st, 2007, 2:49 am #4

For a super dewat bren give Rob Love at Shilo Manitoba a call. He does great work and usually sells out all he has at the gunshows out west. His stens are terrific also.

D.C.->
D.C.->

August 21st, 2007, 11:10 am #5

Hi there!

What is Rob Love's email so I can contact him?

Please send me an email with the info.

Cheers!

D.C.

Rob L
Rob L

August 21st, 2007, 1:19 pm #6

Send me an email....I should be able to help you out.

August 21st, 2007, 4:21 pm #7

Hi there!

What is Rob Love's email so I can contact him?

Please send me an email with the info.

Cheers!

D.C.
Hi Rob,
Long time no talk....
Send me your email address
Tks
Kevin Morse kmorse@morseindustrial.ca

Steve Forth
Steve Forth

August 21st, 2007, 5:47 pm #8

No text