Large grouping to Armt Sgt Major Barriefield Ont.

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Large grouping to Armt Sgt Major Barriefield Ont.

Michael Reintjes
Michael Reintjes

October 30th, 2011, 7:58 pm #1

Large Grouping to Sgt.Mjr M.R.(Reg)Birkett R.C.O.C./R.C.E.M.E. C.O.C.T.C. Birket was an Instructor here at Barriefield and was an Armt QMS .He was also in charge of avehicle Recovery unit.He was TQ'D to the hilt.Amrd Vehicle driver,Motorcyclist,Motor Mechanic,Diesel Mechanic,plus a bunch more...a real Gearhead so it was obvious he had real value as an instructor.Also included a series of phots and testimony into a serious crash involvng his Wrecker and a Harvard on Strafing practice killing his CO Capt. Bob Harvey and the Pilot. The photos are incredible. Two Battledress jackets,I pair trousers, hats,medals ,photo album,documents, RCAF Flying gloves, Army goves,flashlight,badges,books,just a wonderful time capsule to one man's service. Even the 1943 calender is till tacked to the lid of the box...neat grouping.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Steve F
Steve F

October 31st, 2011, 12:09 am #2

Was this a recent acquisition? I really like the artwork on the magazines. I've never seen those before. Would I be able to get some scans of the mags?

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

October 31st, 2011, 7:36 pm #3

Large Grouping to Sgt.Mjr M.R.(Reg)Birkett R.C.O.C./R.C.E.M.E. C.O.C.T.C. Birket was an Instructor here at Barriefield and was an Armt QMS .He was also in charge of avehicle Recovery unit.He was TQ'D to the hilt.Amrd Vehicle driver,Motorcyclist,Motor Mechanic,Diesel Mechanic,plus a bunch more...a real Gearhead so it was obvious he had real value as an instructor.Also included a series of phots and testimony into a serious crash involvng his Wrecker and a Harvard on Strafing practice killing his CO Capt. Bob Harvey and the Pilot. The photos are incredible. Two Battledress jackets,I pair trousers, hats,medals ,photo album,documents, RCAF Flying gloves, Army goves,flashlight,badges,books,just a wonderful time capsule to one man's service. Even the 1943 calender is till tacked to the lid of the box...neat grouping.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
The Royal Canadian Ordnance Corps Museum, in Montreal, would definitely be interested in this, either as a donation or perhaps a purchase.

DT.

Michael Reintjes
Michael Reintjes

October 31st, 2011, 7:41 pm #4

...Well if they are interested I,m going to ask 750 bucks for the whole horde...I have no idea how something this large and heavy could be shipped though so it may be too much for them...m

Dave Hiorth
Dave Hiorth

October 31st, 2011, 10:03 pm #5

Great price. How would you like to be paid for this lot Mike and I will give you my UPS account number
Dave

Clive M. Law - Service Publications
Clive M. Law - Service Publications

November 1st, 2011, 2:23 am #6

Dave,
Can I get hi-res scans of the Ram photos and any vehicles for use in upcoming books?
C

Michael Reintjes
Michael Reintjes

November 1st, 2011, 2:25 am #7

Was this a recent acquisition? I really like the artwork on the magazines. I've never seen those before. Would I be able to get some scans of the mags?
Hi Steve..yes a fairly recent pickup....I'll see if the mags will fit on my pathetic scanner...cheers,Mike.

Michael Reintjes
Michael Reintjes

November 1st, 2011, 2:26 am #8

Dave,
Can I get hi-res scans of the Ram photos and any vehicles for use in upcoming books?
C
..should not be a problem...cheers,Mike

Dave Hiorth
Dave Hiorth

November 1st, 2011, 11:43 am #9

Of course Clive whatever you wish for that I can help with is not a problem
Dave

Michael Reintjes
Michael Reintjes

November 1st, 2011, 3:01 pm #10

ntxt.