Hudson in North Africa

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Hudson in North Africa

J. Paul Denter UE
J. Paul Denter UE

March 2nd, 2011, 6:01 am #1

Is there anyone, out there, with knowledge about the Hudson squadron(s) that flew in North Africa? My father-in-law flew two tours of duty in that theatre aboard Hudsons. We don't have much information about what he did or what group he flew with. His name was Abraham Hoy Kerr, Warrant Officer. My grandson and I would like to reproduce, as accurately as possible, a model of the plane he flew. We've ordered a Hudson model, but now need to know what camouflage scheme was used. Any help is appreciated.

March 2nd, 2011, 2:12 pm #2

Go here: http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=4
If you're not able to ID your FIL's squadron, it would help if you were able to state whether he was RCAF, RAF or other Commonwealth (British empire) AirForce.

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

March 2nd, 2011, 7:47 pm #3

Is there anyone, out there, with knowledge about the Hudson squadron(s) that flew in North Africa? My father-in-law flew two tours of duty in that theatre aboard Hudsons. We don't have much information about what he did or what group he flew with. His name was Abraham Hoy Kerr, Warrant Officer. My grandson and I would like to reproduce, as accurately as possible, a model of the plane he flew. We've ordered a Hudson model, but now need to know what camouflage scheme was used. Any help is appreciated.
you could try to get the information from Library and Archives Canada. They will have your father-in-law's service file and in it will be the details of the squadrons he flew with. Go to the web site, look up the phone number and call for assistance.

DT.