Help Finding

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Help Finding

John Mullen
John Mullen

July 28th, 2008, 6:59 pm #1

Hello
Can any one tell me what happened to Mr. Bud Fields who ran Angus Military Surplus in Kingston Ontario. I used to stop in when I was in the area, but last week I found his store had closed. I was wondering if he is still in business. Please let me know.

Many thanks
John

Dave Hiorth
Dave Hiorth

July 28th, 2008, 7:05 pm #2

He did another midnight move but got caught doing it and that is why half the stuff, last I heard still in the old store. He also lost half his leg from diabettes, from not taking care of himself, so I highly doubt that he will be open again but who knows I could be wrong.

John Mullen
John Mullen

July 28th, 2008, 7:21 pm #3

Hello Dave
Many thanks for the information on Angus. I am from Windsor and travel up to Ottawa once a year. I do try to stop in at his store. Last week I was up there and went by but, the place was locked up. There was some stuff strewn about the place but no one home. He did have a legal notice on the front door. I do not know the man personally, but I have chatted with him over the years. It is a shame when these places close, as there are not to many left.

John