rob
rob

February 21st, 2002, 12:59 am #11

John at Ont Gun up near Swastika Ont has these; they generally run about $550-650. They are British with the krinkle finish; good luck finding a Cdn one. The few that are out there are normally working and go for a considerable amount more than this. The DND owned ones remain in war stock in Edmonton and Montreal depots; about 24,000 of them.

Ian Hamilton
Ian Hamilton

March 30th, 2002, 3:48 am #12

I have several available with choice of dates and even a decent selection of serial numbers. Serial numbers ran from 0L to the 12L series for a total of about 126 to 128000 produced in Canada. Supposedly there were another 5000 or so which were not serialised and put into store at the end of the war; I have what I believe to be one of these available as well. Beginning with 1944 stens in the early 11L series, all Canadian stens produced after this had the Chinese script on the mag housing, wether they went into Canadian, Chinese, or British service. The 5000 mentioned earlier were also thusly marked. Production dates ran from 1942 to 1945.
Price on a Canadian Sten mk11 with one mag (all pinned, welded and refinished) is $200 Cdn + shipping (usually about $10 and never more than $20) These are mailable only to Cdn addresses as they are Illegal in the US.
Rob, I'm interested in purchasing a DEWAT STEN. I'm in Toronto, can you E Mail me and I can get additional info.
Thanks, Ian

Kevin Root
Kevin Root

February 2nd, 2017, 4:29 pm #13

I have several available with choice of dates and even a decent selection of serial numbers. Serial numbers ran from 0L to the 12L series for a total of about 126 to 128000 produced in Canada. Supposedly there were another 5000 or so which were not serialised and put into store at the end of the war; I have what I believe to be one of these available as well. Beginning with 1944 stens in the early 11L series, all Canadian stens produced after this had the Chinese script on the mag housing, wether they went into Canadian, Chinese, or British service. The 5000 mentioned earlier were also thusly marked. Production dates ran from 1942 to 1945.
Price on a Canadian Sten mk11 with one mag (all pinned, welded and refinished) is $200 Cdn + shipping (usually about $10 and never more than $20) These are mailable only to Cdn addresses as they are Illegal in the US.
I would be interested in acquiring one of your sten guns.

Kevin

Rick Mitchell
Rick Mitchell

November 6th, 2017, 2:04 pm #14

Besides, a guy with a rifle is less likely to attract the attention of a sniper.

That was my Dad's philosophy in the Essex Scottish and No. 4 Commando in 1943. As a Lieurenant (acting Major and company commander with the Essex Scottish) he declined a Thompson Machine Carbine and carried a Lee Enfield rifle, and pistol (and in No. 4 Cdo, an F-S Fighting knife).

On one exercise in the very early 1970s, my Sgt and I each took our personal Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk. I(T) rifles out. He went off solo to act as enemy. As I led my platoon I heard a single shot. I then used my scope to zero in on the moving Sgt on a skyline and fired. Afterwards, I claimed a victory. Sgt. Bob Adams smiled, and simply said "Who do you think I shot with that first shot?"
Duh!
Reading this blog with interest. I want to add a Sten and a Browning Hi-power to complete my New Free Polish Parachute Regiment persona. Can you send me an email at qyrang@yahoo.ca with either replica or deactivated pricing and availability? Thanks in advance.