Cousin Gwilym: Green Fileds

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Cousin Gwilym: Green Fileds

Megan Smith
Megan Smith

February 20th, 2010, 3:05 pm #1

Gwilym Jones, M.M. wrote the book TO THE GREEN FIELDS BEYOND: A SOLDIER'S STORY. I am a college student and have been looking to learn of my family's history. I found this book in my home, signed from "your cousin gwilym." I was extremely excited to see this. My uncle Alan had sent it along to my home years ago, direct from cousin Gwilym. I was hoping someone out here in the wide vast of the Internet might be able to lead me closer to finding him.

Iechyd da,
Megan

February 20th, 2010, 8:36 pm #2

I read the book and have a copy myself somewhere. Can't help locating the author, but if memory serves, he was a soldier in the Three Rivers Regiment, which today is known as 12e Régiment blindé du Canada. You can find the current regiment online athttp://www.12rbc.ca/ - perhaps their regimental association can help you find him or his family.
Michael Dorosh
Webmaster
canadiansoldiers.com

Megan Smith
Megan Smith

February 20th, 2010, 10:58 pm #3

Thank you. I'll look into this. I really hope to find out more about him and my family.

Jon Skagfeld
Jon Skagfeld

February 21st, 2010, 1:05 am #4

Gwilym Jones, M.M. wrote the book TO THE GREEN FIELDS BEYOND: A SOLDIER'S STORY. I am a college student and have been looking to learn of my family's history. I found this book in my home, signed from "your cousin gwilym." I was extremely excited to see this. My uncle Alan had sent it along to my home years ago, direct from cousin Gwilym. I was hoping someone out here in the wide vast of the Internet might be able to lead me closer to finding him.

Iechyd da,
Megan
Megan...sidebar to the thread.

lechyd da...is that the way the written word is for what I pronounce
"Yakey da"?

Curious

Megan Smith
Megan Smith

February 22nd, 2010, 5:00 am #5

Yes! It's a Welsh phrase; "good health"

M Giroux
M Giroux

March 3rd, 2010, 4:07 pm #6

Iechyd da,
Megan
Last I saw of Mr Jones was at a Canada Day Parade in Scarborough Legion 4 years ago ,He was locatable through there ,and i think he had written antoher book as well.

Megan Smith
Megan Smith

March 13th, 2010, 4:47 am #7

Thank you! Yes, I did learn of the second book in my searches. I'll look into this lead. Thanks again!

Megan Smith
Megan Smith

April 17th, 2010, 12:33 am #8

After much time and searching, I am still unable to find a link to Gwylim. I'm hoping someone else may have another lead to follow?

Thank you.