Camp Bouchard history

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Camp Bouchard history

June 27th, 2012, 3:28 am #1

I owned a house built near 1941 in Bouchard plant then rename Camp Bouchard.

At that time the adress was 9 Crest road.

(I will continue in french, sorry)

Les 20 maisons bâtit dans ce rond point sont toujours debout, elles sont été modifiés mais toujours là.

Je recherche des photos ou des informations au sujet des gens qui ont habité ma maison ou une des maison du quartier entre 1941 et 1976.

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

June 27th, 2012, 11:06 pm #2

Camp bouchard became 34 Ordnance Ammunition Depot (34 OAD), Royal Canadian Ordnance Corps, after WW2.

I recommend you visit the RCOC Museum in Montreal at 6560 Hochelaga Street in the east end of the city. The Museum has a web page. The curator's name is Andrew Gregory.

DT.

June 28th, 2012, 1:54 am #3

Thank you. I will visit the museum.

Clifford S. Weirmeir
Clifford S. Weirmeir

July 2nd, 2012, 2:53 am #4

One of these days, in the near futture. I am going to have to stop into the museum. It's not far from my current employment... 202Workshop Depot.

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

July 2nd, 2012, 12:07 pm #5

Do visit it before it becomes the Logistics Branch museum which will happen sometime this year.

DT.

Alan Mason
Alan Mason

December 8th, 2012, 3:35 am #6

Thank you. I will visit the museum.
Hi gang.
I used used to live at Camp bouchard in the 60-70's.
Very hard finding any photo's online of my past times there. Tried goggle maps but hard to pin down because of all the changes over the years. We took a few trips to expo with the school and Belmont park to finish off the summers.
Very few families on the base but a great place growing up a a kid as my father served in the military. Most of our time was spent playing in the surounding woods, no worries back then going 2- 3 mles in the bush for the day then coming home for supper.
Wish i could connect with friends i knew there as they were a great bunch.
Any links to online photo's would be a great help.
Thanks