Bill C-210 - a Private Members Bill to ban the sale of police and military medals

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

Bill C-210 - a Private Members Bill to ban the sale of police and military medals

Clive M. Law - Service Publications

October 19th, 2007, 5:57 pm #1

Start writing your letters to the PM and your MP NOW!!!! The text of the legislation is not yet on-line but this was introduced on Oct 16. Peter Stoffer is the MP behind this (again).
I would suggest thast those of us with 'titles" (i.e., President, Service Publications; Curator, XYZ Museum,; Mosderator, abc.com, etc...) write an additional letter as these carryt a bit more weight than letters from the unwashed masses. Also, Send postage-free letters instead of e-mails as these carry more weight. Lastly, spread this around to every other forum you visit. Today its medals, tomorrow uniforms, etc...

Michael Dorosh
Michael Dorosh

October 19th, 2007, 6:09 pm #2

Clive, can you post the full mailing address for Mr. Stoffer for the benefit of those that will write letters?

Shall I be President of canadiansoldiers.com or Chief Executive Officer? :P

I'll pass this on to the regimental museum here, too.

October 19th, 2007, 6:18 pm #3

Mail may be sent postage-free to any Member at the following address:
(Name), MP
House of Commons
Parliament Buildings
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6