anyone have?

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

anyone have?

June 11th, 2007, 8:57 pm #1

if anyone has a 7th battalion KOSB (KING'S OWN SCOTTISH BORDERERS) shoulder titles (1939-45) for sale or where i can get some could you make a link here or email me?

thanks and cheers in advance

Ted

Michael Dorosh
Michael Dorosh

June 11th, 2007, 9:37 pm #2

I thought they just wore a tartan swatch?

And why 1939-1945? Regs indicated that only khaki slip ons were worn up until 1941 or so - so do you want early war or late war?

Ed Storey
Ed Storey

June 11th, 2007, 9:56 pm #3

if anyone has a 7th battalion KOSB (KING'S OWN SCOTTISH BORDERERS) shoulder titles (1939-45) for sale or where i can get some could you make a link here or email me?

thanks and cheers in advance

Ted
Are they a Canadian Regiment?

ED

June 11th, 2007, 10:18 pm #4

they are british but what i am putting together is a CANLOAN impression...all i need to finish it is the shoulder titles...after i posted i found my book called "THE PARAS 1940-1984" the KOSB were with 1st air landing brigade...but i was wondering if they had shoulder titles? no mention in the book.......it was the 15(scottish V) and by the 5th (scottish) para bn. who had the tartan swatch behind the cap badge...(of course there could have been more!!)

there was a site june 6 1944? sold repro badges?

Ted

June 11th, 2007, 10:21 pm #5

there was 1 canadian who served with the 21st parachute Bn. during arnhem in 1944...his name escapes me right now...he was also a captain....now to all "stitch nazi's" i know there is to much space in between badges but it will be corrected..

Dave Hiorth
Dave Hiorth

June 11th, 2007, 10:46 pm #6

I might have a KOSB title in stock. Email tomorrow and I will look in my stock of airborne insignia

June 11th, 2007, 10:50 pm #7

they are british but what i am putting together is a CANLOAN impression...all i need to finish it is the shoulder titles...after i posted i found my book called "THE PARAS 1940-1984" the KOSB were with 1st air landing brigade...but i was wondering if they had shoulder titles? no mention in the book.......it was the 15(scottish V) and by the 5th (scottish) para bn. who had the tartan swatch behind the cap badge...(of course there could have been more!!)

there was a site june 6 1944? sold repro badges?

Ted
Some Scottish regiments wore tartan swatches on the sleeve in lieu of shoulder titles; I know the BW did this in many battalions; the A&SH wore red and white diced patches (still do, actually). I'd suggest some research into what the actual battalion in question wore before shelling out your money.
Michael Dorosh
Webmaster
canadiansoldiers.com

Tim Sullivan
Tim Sullivan

June 12th, 2007, 12:42 am #8

there was 1 canadian who served with the 21st parachute Bn. during arnhem in 1944...his name escapes me right now...he was also a captain....now to all "stitch nazi's" i know there is to much space in between badges but it will be corrected..

...the rank pips...would they have worn red pips, as per Cdn paras, or would they have badged with the sky blue.

Also, I don't know if the badges are just there for representation or if they are sewn on...but it looks to my poor eyesight like the pegasus is looking to the rear of the sleeve...should be facing front.

HTH...and good luck in your search...

tim

June 12th, 2007, 10:42 am #9

thanks for all the info guys!!!!!!!!

cheers

Ted

Rick Randall, HQ Coy 1CanPara (Reenacted)
Rick Randall, HQ Coy 1CanPara (Reenacted)

June 12th, 2007, 4:57 pm #10

...the rank pips...would they have worn red pips, as per Cdn paras, or would they have badged with the sky blue.

Also, I don't know if the badges are just there for representation or if they are sewn on...but it looks to my poor eyesight like the pegasus is looking to the rear of the sleeve...should be facing front.

HTH...and good luck in your search...

tim
"Horsey goes forward" <grin>

Generally speaking, apply insignia so that the main figure is advancing, never retreating. "Pegasus retreating" sets a poor example for the men, you know. <chuckle>

(Also applies to flags, swords, and anything else that has a "front".)

Could be worse. You have no idea how many upside down US 29th ID patches (the "Yin-Yang" patch, AKA, "Oral Tadpoles") I've seen on serving soldiers (not reenactors). And Hollywood propmasters?; oh. . . my. . . God. . . <wink>