14th Field Regiment & 4th Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

14th Field Regiment & 4th Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment

October 12th, 2014, 2:22 pm #1

I have been compiling a listing of men in these two regiments and so far have 1754 men. Of this number there are 962 men that I have the Regimental Number/service number.

Some time ago I believe someone from this forum had sent me a 16 page listing of the 4th LAA showing the embarkation and disembarkation dates for the men of the 4th on the D-Day landing. This is where I acquired the Service Numbers of the individual men (officers excepted).

On the top of the first page someone has written "War Diary" although I have the war diarys for this unit and they did not include this document. The document is titled "4 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RCA, Part II Orders Issued by Canadian Section GHQ 2nd Echelon 21 Army Group". On the left side is "Last Order No 30 11 Jul 44" and on the right "No 31 12 Jul 44".

Anyway, I would like to complete (as much as possible) my listing and am wondering if someone out there would have an equivalent document for the 14th Field Regiment? I have looked on the net for quite some time but cannot find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....Brian.....

Jim Camirand
Jim Camirand

October 13th, 2014, 6:44 pm #2

Good Day Brain

Sorry I do not have any info on the 14th Fld...BUT I do have a question / request re the 4th LAA. Would it be possible for you to e-mail me at jcamirand52@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance

Jim Camirand

Lucinda Potter
Lucinda Potter

January 5th, 2018, 2:36 am #3

I have been compiling a listing of men in these two regiments and so far have 1754 men. Of this number there are 962 men that I have the Regimental Number/service number.

Some time ago I believe someone from this forum had sent me a 16 page listing of the 4th LAA showing the embarkation and disembarkation dates for the men of the 4th on the D-Day landing. This is where I acquired the Service Numbers of the individual men (officers excepted).

On the top of the first page someone has written "War Diary" although I have the war diarys for this unit and they did not include this document. The document is titled "4 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RCA, Part II Orders Issued by Canadian Section GHQ 2nd Echelon 21 Army Group". On the left side is "Last Order No 30 11 Jul 44" and on the right "No 31 12 Jul 44".

Anyway, I would like to complete (as much as possible) my listing and am wondering if someone out there would have an equivalent document for the 14th Field Regiment? I have looked on the net for quite some time but cannot find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....Brian.....
My Dad was a member of the 4th LAA Regiment and was previously a member of the Black Watch.
I can be reached at lucinda@bell.net