101 Perth Regiment, 100th field battery

This is the general discussion area of the canadiansoldiers.com website; a forum in which issues pertaining to 20th Century military history from a British and Canadian perspective can be discussed freely. Posters are asked to please do others the courtesy of posting with their name rather than a pseudonym.

101 Perth Regiment, 100th field battery

July 29th, 2012, 12:17 am #1

Hello all-
Am trying to research the history of our local armoury. Would be grateful if anyone could point me toward a site/spot that I could access info about the building of the Listowel Armoury.
Also would like any info on the soldiers of the 101 Perth Regiment and or the 7th Medium Battery, part of the 100th who might have trained at the armouries.
Thanks.

Clive M. Law - Service Publications
Clive M. Law - Service Publications

July 29th, 2012, 9:11 pm #2

All of this information can be found at Library & Archives Canada. If you cannot go then there are a number of free-lance researchers who can dig this out for you. I recommend Ken Joyce and can provide a contact address.

Clive

Doug Townend
Doug Townend

July 31st, 2012, 1:31 pm #3

Hello all-
Am trying to research the history of our local armoury. Would be grateful if anyone could point me toward a site/spot that I could access info about the building of the Listowel Armoury.
Also would like any info on the soldiers of the 101 Perth Regiment and or the 7th Medium Battery, part of the 100th who might have trained at the armouries.
Thanks.
There is an excellent book titled "Abandoned Military Installations of Canada Volume 1 - Ontario" by Paul Ozorak published 1991 that has two pages of quite useful in relation to your search. It should be available at your loca library. ISBN number is 0-9695127-1-6.

DT.

Thelma
Thelma

August 19th, 2012, 4:25 pm #4

thanks so much - will check it out asap.

Thelma
Thelma

August 19th, 2012, 4:26 pm #5

All of this information can be found at Library & Archives Canada. If you cannot go then there are a number of free-lance researchers who can dig this out for you. I recommend Ken Joyce and can provide a contact address.

Clive
Thanks, Clive.

October 2nd, 2013, 3:20 am #6

Hello all-
Thanks.
Hi,
Just wondering how your search went looking for information about the Listowel Armoury and the soldiers that trained there. The Listowel Armoury will be 100 years old in 2014 and we (Listowel Ag. Society) are looking to find out more information as well about the building and the people who trained in it.
Thanks!

edwin haugen
edwin haugen

January 13th, 2014, 10:18 pm #7

Hello

I am a member of the 11Fd RCA in Guelph.I saw your message and have also wondered which units were in that Armoury. I believe the Perth Regt became 4 RCR - Royal Canadian Regiment -and have an Armoury in Stratford.

I was speaking to a retired Regimental Sgt Major and he told me that at one time 21 Fd Regt RCA-Royal Canadian Artillery - was in that Armoury.This Regt no longer exists.

If you require further detials I may be able to palce you in contact with the gentelman that provided me with this information.

Regards

E Haugen

Elizabeth Johnston
Elizabeth Johnston

February 27th, 2014, 3:11 am #8

Hi Edwin,
Thank you for the information. We found out the 100th battery trained in Listowel and was part of the 21st Field Battery.
If you could place me in contact with the gentleman that has this information, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Elizabeth