What happened to Jeffrey?

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 28th, 2009, 7:48 pm #1

I was out of town and my Tivo deleted the last week of GL. I did see the last episode though. I read that we didn't know what happened to Edmund, but what happened to Jeffrey? Is he still alive and just on the run from Edmund and so Jonathan knows he's alive and just staying away from Reva and their son so that she can get back w/ Josh?

failsafe

September 28th, 2009, 9:27 pm #2

The last we saw of him, he & Edmund were squaring off in the warehouse and Edmund said that Jeff was just as addicted to the thrill of the chase as he was and nothing else would ever be more important to him. Neither of them were in the final episode at all or mentioned in the flash-forward portion.
Last edited by failsafe on September 28th, 2009, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lexilou
Elite Members

September 28th, 2009, 9:42 pm #3

He fell into a woodchipper.

ForeverG5

September 28th, 2009, 10:33 pm #4

I read on Soap Opera Digest's website that the Guiding Light writers didn't accidentally leave Jeffrey out. They wanted us to make our own assumptions about his fate...whether it be that he spent forever chasing Edmund or that a year later he and Edmund offed each other. Regardless, in the end Josh and Reva end up together. And that's what the writer's intended.
--------------------------
Proud GL Watcher for 11 years
"Jonathan and Lizzie?! Gees, I hope I'm retired by the time that kid grows up." -Frank Cooper; Chief of Springfield PD

tgir
Site Admin

September 30th, 2009, 3:50 am #5

There was no need for either of them or that ridiculous chase/sl cat/mouse nonsense in the final weeks. It was totally irrelevant to the show. I am only grateful that neither made it to the final episode.

Since we are to draw our own conclusions: I conclude that Edmund and Jeffrey also realized their total irrelevance. Edmund joined a monastery where he will try to learn to be a better human being.

Jeffrey threw himself into a woodchipper, running full throttle on.

Their absence has not even been noticed by anyone in Springfield.

failsafe

September 30th, 2009, 2:51 pm #6

tgir wrote:Edmund joined a monastery
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Talk about a waste of resources!!! Unless of course, you mean a special monastery where women can visit for days of pleasure from the "monks"!! :doglaugh:

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 30th, 2009, 8:48 pm #7

They could have written a much better story for Edmund. I couldn't care less about Jeffrey. I hope Edmund really offed him. :cheers1: :cheers1:

brendajoyceyy

October 3rd, 2009, 1:59 am #8

I don't care what happened to jeffery . I'm just glad the show did'nt end with him and reva. some actually thought that jeffery was the endgame boy how wrong they were :fall: nan-nany-nan-nan jeffery you got duuuuuuuuumped!!!!!! :doglaugh:

Deleted User
Deleted User

October 3rd, 2009, 12:58 pm #9

I read on twitter that David (Edmond) when asked about this said that he'd like to think Edmond was on a tropical island enjoying himself.

Scorpioww
Elite Members

October 3rd, 2009, 5:10 pm #10

But it was still written that Jeffrey didn't get dumped b/c Reva thinks he's dead! If he were alive would she have chosen Josh? The true Reva of course should have but it was still written as to preserve Jeffrey as a hero/god. I would have preferred having Jeff and Edmund both fall off a cliff leaving thier fates unknown. That chase stuff was a total waste of time!

It did bother me that in the final opening theme montage the four photoes that were shown at the end were Reva, Josh, Jonathan and Jeffrey! It should have just been Reva and Josh. They deserved that respect on the last day!