Dax
Site Admin

November 18th, 2016, 5:54 am #61

The rules for basic cable outlets (like TNT) are not the same as the networks.

Krystal
Site Admin

November 19th, 2016, 12:09 am #62

Tgir you are correct in the poor white trash does not come with such beautiful orthodontically corrected teeth. I'm willing to suspend reality to enjoy the show however a better backstory could have been that she was married to a very wealthy man who is abusive and she became addicted to painkillers or something. The thing I don't like about the show is that the guy is a killer if he were a high-end grifter taking advantage of people like Donald Trump for instance I would like that a little more. It's kind of disturbing that they are really killing people and she is in on it. However the first two hours were very suspenseful and the show is better than I thought.

blosslover
Site Admin

November 19th, 2016, 2:41 am #63

The Good Behavior show is based on the life of a real person who wrote a book about it. So these changes would be a bit impossible for that reason.

tgir
Site Admin

November 19th, 2016, 4:01 am #64

I didn't know it was based on a real person. Very interesting. It's just hard to imagine Michelle Dockery as a poor white trash person, just as it would be hard to imagine Katherine Hepburn as Scarlett O'Hara, yet I know Hepburn wanted that role badly.

But it is really a quibble. I like Michelle Dockery quite a lot and am glad to get to see her in something new. I wonder how much longevity this series would have, though? Haven't read/looked for the books to have any idea.

Krystal
Site Admin

November 19th, 2016, 5:26 am #65

I think to some degree we have Ben prone to think of her as Lady Mary and that's sort of spoils us. I am sorry my entire basis of reality is people's teeth :-) but really if someone has perfectly white straight orthodontic Lee corrected teeth they are not poor white trash. And it even bugs me when you have these movies or TV shows where everybody is suffering so badly but their teeth are perfectly crowned and orthodontically corrected I'm there like really. Their bodies are all torn up and they are all City looking but there are these giant white teeth that look like a row of Sub-Zero refrigerators at Home Depot. It is rare that the costume people actually take the time to make that look realistic only when it is some minor character like someone in The Walking Dead or whatever. Otherwise these people look like they have there bleaching trays and floss with them when they were supposed to be suffering somewhere.

Dax
Site Admin

November 30th, 2016, 7:01 pm #66

Hm. Showtime has ended Masters of Sex... the recently finished fourth season is it.

I haven't watched any of Season 4 yet, but it's on my dvr...

bilki
Site Admin

November 30th, 2016, 8:08 pm #67

Incorporated starts tonight on SyFy. One of the Exec Producers was a writer for The Good Wife, which sounds like a good thing. The reviews I've read weren't bad but none of them were overly positive, either.

Alexandra Wentworth has a behind-the-scenes-of-a-late-night-talk-show scripted comedy on POP Network. I've always enjoyed her in the past, and was hoping this would be quite funny but it feels mostly unoriginal, so far.
Last edited by bilki on November 30th, 2016, 8:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 30th, 2016, 9:37 pm #68

Huh. Did they know 4 would be it for MoS? Ihaven't seen S2 since I DON"T HAVE ANY PREMIUM CHANNELS ANY MORE>

Why is my caplocks coming on if I hit the shift key to capitalize a letter?
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Krystal
Site Admin

November 30th, 2016, 9:59 pm #69

I'm going to try taping Incorporated. I watched Channel Zero, something called Candle Cove which was extremely creepy. My husband wouldn't watch it so I have to say I only have watched it while doing things but I thought it was interesting.

There were a bunch of shows that we started but we didn't continue watching like Conviction, Bull, and Frequency.
Last edited by Krystal on November 30th, 2016, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

November 30th, 2016, 10:11 pm #70

I don't know, but it's funny to read that as a shout...

They didn't KNOW, but they may have suspected. I guess it ends with Bill and Virginia getting married and Libby and the kids moving away, so there's a sense of 'closure' and Showtime decided that was fine, but... not sure if the cast and crew wrapped the season thinking they wouldn't be back or not.