Gatekeeper
Site Admin

April 10th, 2013, 5:26 pm #21

@Zap2it: Rob Thomas says 'Veronica Mars' will be at the San Diego Comic-Con http://t.co/JdEmuS5PtY :)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

April 10th, 2013, 6:16 pm #22

Definitely the mini-blinds shirt for me, over the 'California Noir' (though that's pretty, too).

Dax
Site Admin

April 11th, 2013, 2:48 am #23

Over $5 million... 48 hours left... ooh, they've added stickers - cool designs (including the t-shirt I'm not getting) - I'd rather they were buttons than stickers, but that's still a pretty cool little bonus...

I don't expect they're going to make their desired 'most backers ever' record, but that's okay... they've broken enough of them...

I did some quick addition yesterday - the cast has to autograph more than 4,600 posters...
Last edited by Dax on April 11th, 2013, 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

April 12th, 2013, 7:42 pm #24

Wow, they did get over the 'most backers ever' record (previously 87,142)... sitting now at 87,255 backers, $5,511,333... and seven hours left.

Cool.

Dax
Site Admin

April 13th, 2013, 3:16 am #25

91,585 backers pledged $5,702,153 for Rob Thomas to make a Veronica Mars feature film this summer. They got 285% of their $2 million goal.

Fastest Kickstarter project to reach $1 million.
Fastest Kickstarter project to reach $2 million.
All-time highest-funded project in FILM category.
Third highest-funded project in Kickstarter history.
Most project backers of any project in Kickstarter history.

Nice. I am happy for them, and I'm looking forward to the film. I was one of 23,227 people to pre-order a dvd and t-shirt for $50... another 22,997 people paid $35 for a digital download of it instead... 7,260 paid $100 for a blu-ray instead, and many, many more paid more for the high-end stuff beyond that... Rob and the cast have to autograph more than 5,500 posters that fans paid $200 or more to have...

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/04/ ... ckstarter/
Last edited by Dax on April 13th, 2013, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

blosslover
Site Admin

April 13th, 2013, 3:53 am #26

BTW have they said yet when the stickers will be sent?

Dax
Site Admin

April 13th, 2013, 4:30 am #27

They didn't, but I wouldn't really expect them 'til next March or so (along with the movie...).

(I did get a nice set of postcards from one project (the stop-motion Phil Tippett short film, Mad God) early on - while the film is still in production, and one late long-after-the-other-stuff bonus item from another (the comic book Flaming Carrot), but most people/projects will send out everything at once, if they can...)

What did you think of last night's Glee?

blosslover
Site Admin

April 13th, 2013, 4:36 pm #28

The VM people had made a comment about the shirts coming sometime this year before the movie is done. From their FAQ section (the stickers aren't mentioned.)

As you can tell, we’ve tried to come up with a variety of cool rewards. Because there are so many different items, and because we don’t know how many backers we’ll end up with, we don’t know exactly when each item will ship. But we do have a ballpark idea for each item:

Updates will begin during the Kickstarter campaign. They’ll continue until the film is released.

T-shirts will ship shortly after the Kickstarter campaign ends. We need to get your size information and print the T-shirts, so it will take a little time. But we hope to get them sent out in May.

First three seasons of Veronica Mars DVDs will be sent out around the same time as the T-shirts.

Set visits will occur during our filming window of June-July 2013.

Video greetings and voicemails will be recorded on-set and will be delivered to you in the fall. We may be able to get some of them done sooner, but no promises.

Posters (signed and unsigned) will be ready sometime between shooting and the film’s release. So you’ll probably receive your poster in late 2013.

The premiere and after-party will occur shortly before the film’s theatrical release. That’s a long time away, and we’ve got a lot of schedules to coordinate, so we can’t say for sure when these will get scheduled. But our best guess is January 2014. We’ll keep you posted, of course.

The pdf of the shooting script will be emailed to you the day the film is released.

Digital versions of the film will be available within a few days of the film’s release. We’ll know more about the exact timing as the release date approaches and we’ll keep you posted.

DVDs and Blu-Ray combo packs will be shipped a month or two after the theatrical release.

Okay to Glee...

That Glee was a bit disturbing as it should have been due to the subject matter. Some people said that it was too soon after what happened in CT, but something like that happened at my high school in the 90s. So it is a timeless topic.

Last edited by blosslover on April 13th, 2013, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

April 13th, 2013, 4:57 pm #29

Cool. I'd expect the stickers when the shirts ship out, then.

I thought the Glee was really well done, appropriately terrifying and sad. A tone change from the usual show, of course, but I wasn't bothered by it... Also different was that they only did three songs, but that one was Brittany singing 'More Than Words' to Lord Tubbington... I was very happy with that.

And then I liked the shooter revelations, too. Sue covering for Becky makes perfect sense (even if Becky's terror/bad choice may not have been entirely well prepared...), and Lynch played her scenes perfectly. I don't think this means Sue is off the show (and I hope not), but after seeing any number of cartoonish-but-still atrocious acts (pushing kids down stairwells, etc.) that Sue SHOULD have been fired for, I'm cool with her not being at McKinley any more, for whatever reason...

Dax
Site Admin

April 25th, 2013, 1:44 am #30

Re: Kickstarter: I'm not going to back this http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/186 ... was-here-1 ... can't afford it, and the first thing up the rewards ladder that I'd really be interested in (signed dvds of the film, and of Garden State) is $150, so I REALLY can't afford it, but I will be tracking its progress with interest, as I loved Zach Braff's first film, Garden State (which I saw prior to seeing any of Scrubs)... looks like he'll easily coast to his goal... I look forward to seeing the film 'someday'...

-

Re: Veronica. Diane Ruggiero (one of the show's main co-writers) co-writing the screenplay with Thomas. Cool.