Upcoming Olivia Story

Manifan

March 22nd, 2008, 4:53 am #1

Originally MRS was supposed to be leaving, and from what I heard they were going to write it so that Ava died and Olivia got her heart. But then MRS decided to stay and RPG was leaving, so they re-wrote it to be Gus's heart Liv gets. Anyway, maybe Olivia marrying Jeffrey was part of the original story. In other words, let's say that Ava is about to die, and as her dying wish she asks Olivia to marry Jeffrey so she can have her parents together before she passes away. Wouldn't that make more sense than Olivia being so desperate to marry before her own death that she agrees to marry a man with whom she's had no real relationship?

~~~~

Edited by Gatekeeper ~ Please do not post spoiler info in titles. Thanks!
Last edited by Gatekeeper on March 23rd, 2008, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erik

March 22nd, 2008, 5:11 pm #2

I don't think this is a spoiler thread. The backup board only has one place for GL stuff to go and it includes spoilers and discussion.

With that said, this has been up for awhile, so I'll say something.

Liv marries Jeffery-
The idea is way too sick,
It's victim bashing!

Their idea is this-
To act like we should forget,
By destroying her

Meanwhile, the hero,
The rapist-hero fights for-
His true love Reva

That's the plan whether MRS or RPG were to leave, so fans of that couple can rest easy knowing he's an ill-defined rapist in love and I guess you think Reva deserves that.

P.S.

Wheeler's just giving you all romance. Whether that sets back the women's movement 50 years is another story. Look in the mirror before complaining about it.
Last edited by Erik on March 22nd, 2008, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't want to see,
Knowing I'll be blind once more-
Content...less than more

Liv's motive, their means-
Opprotunity skews that,
Something pulled by strings

Give just a little,
Receive much more in return-
Give and receive this

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 22nd, 2008, 8:08 pm #3

I know you're upset about this.. as is everyone else I've come across.. but your posts are just as offensive as Wheeler's latest lame, contrived plot twist. WHO should look in the mirror before complaing!?
wrote:so fans of that couple can rest easy knowing he's an ill-defined rapist in love and I guess you think Reva deserves that.
Way to bash fans of that couple... :rolleyes:
Last edited by Guest on March 22nd, 2008, 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Erik

March 22nd, 2008, 9:28 pm #4

KimFan wrote:I know you're upset about this.. as is everyone else I've come across.. but your posts are just as offensive as Wheeler's latest lame, contrived plot twist. WHO should look in the mirror before complaing!?
wrote:so fans of that couple can rest easy knowing he's an ill-defined rapist in love and I guess you think Reva deserves that.
Way to bash fans of that couple... :rolleyes:
If I didn't tell it how it was, who would? The "experts" could give a crap Olivia is marrying Jeffery, in that they don't care about the Olivia part (you know, being raped by the guy...needing to marry anyone, because she HAS to have a man). Heck, the Jeffery part means crap to them, in that he isn't held accountable for what he did. Even Reva truely is getting the shaft, because she's a victim dating her sister's rapist. The only thing that matters is that grand romance...any romance. The fact Olivia gets stuck in the middle...again, to provide lift for that grand romance taints that grand romance-It sets back the women's movement 50 years.

To ignore that much in favor of romance is what the fans want...in essence, because Jeffeva is so popular. Wheeler is just giving them what they want. I guess the only story that will give Jeffeva airtime is one involving Olivia. "So what?" That's what I hear when the rape is ignored...or put on an equal footing with the romance. Characters take backseats to couplings.
I don't want to see,
Content...less than more

Opprotunity skews that,

Give just a little,
Give and receive this

tgir
Site Admin

March 22nd, 2008, 9:34 pm #5

Liv marries Jeffrey because EW is a tasteless, talentless, woman hating psychotic bitch, plain and simple.

I am sure the more immediate stuff is whether or not MRS stayed with GL, but really, why not ditch her? And Brad Cole? Why not have them die in a car accident together, and make it a real drama which heart Liv gets? Her daughter's or her rapist's? Now there's a soapy dilemma.

I have to wonder if KZ isn't quietly letting tptb know that she'd rather share scenes with someone who can act. It must be exhausting, having to carry Brad Cole all by her lonesome. Poor CC, having to sell real shit and carry a sack of it, too. Yes, yes, yes, I know KZ and Brad Cole are bff, but she's not stupid.
wrote: To ignore that much in favor of romance is what the fans want...in essence, because Jeffeva is so popular.
I reject that notion totally. I know that KZ makes Brad Cole semi-tolerable, to some. Other 'jeffeva' fans are either Brad Cole fans and/or disgruntled Jeva fans. The Brad Cole fans are exceedingly vocal, but I cannot believe they are many and certainly not worth throwing away the integrity of the show.
Last edited by tgir on March 22nd, 2008, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 23rd, 2008, 5:54 am #6

lol. :applause:
Last edited by Guest on March 23rd, 2008, 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 23rd, 2008, 6:48 am #7

wrote:If I didn't tell it how it was, who would?
"Tell it like it is"? My opinion is just as valid as your's.

I don't care if TPTB have Jeffrey call what he did to Cassie and Olivia rape or not. I know it was. However, it doesn't change the fact that I enjoy Jeffrey and Reva as a couple. It's doesn't change the fact that he has done nothing but support and respect Reva... up until this lame turn of marrying Olivia, of course.

I hope Jeffrey and Reva's romance matters to Wheeler, but giving Jeffrey and Reva two minutes worth of airtime together twice a month makes me think otherwise. Having Jeffrey marry another woman without telling Reva makes me think otherwise. If Jeffrey and Reva survive this, I'll be shocked.
wrote:I guess the only story that will give Jeffeva airtime is one involving Olivia
Nah, it's just the only story that Wheeler can piss off the most fans with. In one quick move, she's going to piss off Olivia fans, Jeffeva fans, Gus fans, and GusH fans.
wrote:Characters take backseats to couplings.
Believe me, I know. Reva has been taking a backseat to Cash for over two years. And, when she finally gets a break away from them, here comes Olivia.
wrote:I have to wonder if KZ isn't quietly letting tptb know that she'd rather share scenes with someone who can act.
I doubt it. I'd probably guess that she loves working with anyone that will get her away from NF/Cassie and anything dealing with Cassie/Cash.
Last edited by Guest on March 23rd, 2008, 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 23rd, 2008, 6:50 am #8

Erik wrote:
To ignore that much in favor of romance is what the fans want...in essence, because Jeffeva is so popular. Wheeler is just giving them what they want. I guess the only story that will give Jeffeva airtime is one involving Olivia. "So what?" That's what I hear when the rape is ignored...or put on an equal footing with the romance. Characters take backseats to couplings.
This goes to ALL your posts in this thread.

Have you EVER thought that MAYBE the popularity and ALL of Jeffrey and Reva, KZ and BC of them on screen and paired goes ALL the way back to the very first SC of Richard and Reva/Catherine???? Even though BC wasnt' playing Jeffrey then he was Richard and still paired w/ Reva/KZ and that even got some perks w/ viewers w/ them.

ALL the way back to 1999 before Olivia REALLY became a character and we got to know her, before the crappy ass SL of last year for her, BEFORE Jeffrey was on screen and ALL the crappy ass SL's he also got.

We can go as far back also as to why Reva and Jeffrey got together as when Jeffrey first showed up in 2003 his interest was in Reva first. The only female along w/ Mel he thought had a "whole brain", who was sassy and all. Who then from they first meet has done NOTHING but be kind, respectful and a friend to her, and now to loving and supporting her in MANY was no one else ever has.

ALL of that BEFORE the crappy ass SL's! ALL of that, that did NOT lead up to the SL's before and the reasons why Olivia was the way she was before that SL. PLZ. :rolleyes:

Have you ever thought of that before you try making excuses of Jeffrey, Reva, Jeffeva, BC, the viewers of them ect using it to justify your posts of Olivia this and that and her being destroyed. Blame EW NOT Jeffrey, Reva, Jeffeva, viewers of them!

Try to think of SOMETHING, ALL the reasons or explainions of it, the WHOLE SL aspect and characters other than Olivia!

~~~~

Edited by Gatekeeper ~

Please do not post in colors or bold. They are reserved for Moderators & Contributors. Thanks!
Last edited by Gatekeeper on March 23rd, 2008, 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Erik

March 23rd, 2008, 5:04 pm #9

AmandaKZfan wrote:Have you EVER thought that MAYBE the popularity and ALL of Jeffrey and Reva, KZ and BC of them on screen and paired goes ALL the way back to the very first SC of Richard and Reva/Catherine????
Popularity doesn't mean a fringe group pining for that day they get to see their favorite with KZ.

And Olivia was a character back then, even if you didn't care.
KimFan wrote:here comes Olivia.
Somehow, I think you validated my argument.

[
tgir wrote:big]Liv marries Jeffrey because EW is a tasteless, talentless, woman hating psychotic bitch, plain and simple. [/big]
Oh, but she's original...Humm, I take that back. She did this last year to a tee. The only way she can get Jeffery and Reva oncreen is to demean rape victims by making a rapist a hero.and his victim his own personal villain. But it's all for love, so be it.

-

Lastly, Olivia has been totally destroyed in all fascets for Jeffery and that includes his relationship with Reva. Olivia being destroyed includes how the writers dictated her relationship with Gus-They couldn't have Olivia be anything less than what they will have her be (Jeffery and Reva's obsticle that will use her marriage to hold onto Jeffery) and what they just had her be (Jeffery's personal stalker). So, Olivia HAD to have a man and she HAD to trick Gus to try and get him (plot device anyone?). They also continued to poke holes in Olivia's parenting skills. The woman that gave up a man for Emma's protection is now lusting for a man to the point of making her other daughter complicit in tricking him. Nice. It's all very sad.

I don't want to see,
Content...less than more

Opprotunity skews that,

Give just a little,
Give and receive this

tgir
Site Admin

March 23rd, 2008, 9:36 pm #10

Reva/Jeffrey, aka vile, useless empty sack/serial rapist started with Reva/Richard? Nah.

For one thing, I thought Richard was a pretty man sob back in those days and pretty much laughed myself silly at the thought of Reva and Richard.

For another, tptb have been banging us over the head in every single scene with Jeffrey, aka vile, useless empty sack/serial rapist that Jeffrey, aka vile, useless empty sack/serial rapist is not Richard. Hey, I believe them.

I refuse to see any character as 'destroyed' because of the current (and prior) regime's incompetence. However, imo, the show Guiding Light is absolutely in tatters and ruin. Can it be salvaged? Maybe, but that would involve the elimination of Wheeler and Kriezman, to start. And employing writers and producers who weren't afraid to call characters what they are: Jeffrey is a rapist, for starters. Danny was a mobster. etc, etc. etc.