shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 12th, 2009, 2:06 pm #41

So I finished Midnight Sun yesterday, the version from official SM site, not sure if there are some more.

I still feel the rush like when I was reading it.

I love the whole saga, well I love every single Edward and Bella scnee / moment. Not a Jacob fan. I loved MS the most as it's from Edward's point of view and I would really love SM to finish it.

I could not decide what book wa smy favourite after finishing BD, but now it's easy - MS :)

Putting MS aside, I enjoyed msot TWL and Eclipse, I think. ALl because of Edward, of course.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

lexilou
Elite Members

December 12th, 2009, 2:42 pm #42

Hey Gate! I think I called Edward awhile ago after I gave up on Johnny.

edit to add: This is how bad I am. Yesterday we went to the mall (we wanted to try a restaraunt there). The wait time was so long so we browsed around a bit and stopped in the bookstore to get our son a book. There was one of those metal lunch boxes on the shelf with Edward on it. I really want that lunch box.
Last edited by lexilou on December 12th, 2009, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 12th, 2009, 3:17 pm #43

lexilou wrote:Hey Gate! I think I called Edward awhile ago after I gave up on Johnny.

edit to add: This is how bad I am. Yesterday we went to the mall (we wanted to try a restaraunt there). The wait time was so long so we browsed around a bit and stopped in the bookstore to get our son a book. There was one of those metal lunch boxes on the shelf with Edward on it. I really want that lunch box.
LOL Lexi. Anyone who wants the metal lunchbox of Edward wins! Ho Ho Ho!
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 12th, 2009, 6:28 pm #44

lexilou wrote:Hey Gate! I think I called Edward awhile ago after I gave up on Johnny.

:))))))))

I'm glad I stayed home the whole day.

BTW my favourite montages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn56_dFeDzk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_LtLsYG5Eo

ANd my most favourite scene from the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNADktcwdms

I worry there's definitely something wrong with me.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 13th, 2009, 12:32 am #45

BTW about BD, what did you not like about the sex that much? Just curious.

I found much worse the birth scene, I cannot imagine that being in a movie.

lexilou
Elite Members

December 13th, 2009, 1:52 am #46

My issue reading BD was thinking about my daughter reading it. For me, I didn't mind, I've read more explicit things, but I just felt it was a bit too much for a book that seemed to be geared toward teenage girls. I agree with the birth scene though, I'm anxious to see how they handle that book in the movie.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 13th, 2009, 2:52 pm #47

I agree about the teen aspect.

I also agree with all the logical criticism like she's 17, he's 100 - werid, almost sick. Or Jacob Imprinting Reneesme as a baby and so on.

But as me, an adult, I'm annoyed how cryptical SM was about their first night together :)

If I try to analyze the whole saga too much, it gives me headache and I really dislike many aspects of it (as a future parent), but if I think about me as the reader, I just love Edwards' relationshop with Bella. The way he looks at her, thinks of her, protects her, he loves her so much he would do anything for her though it may be wrong (like leaving in NM). I don't see this kind of love with Jacob, he sure wants her but he would never really DO everything for her.

Not sure I confessed it here, but I skipped NM, I couldn't read it after Edward's departure. Yesterday, I at least read the ending the cliff, Italy, return. I think I'll be able to finish the rest in few days, I feel strong enough to survive Jacob being there all the time :)

lexilou
Elite Members

March 22nd, 2010, 2:36 am #48

Finally! Got New Moon onDemand Saturday morning at 12:01 am. I have ordered the dvd, but couldn't wait anymore. I've seen it 3 times and if DH would go to bed, I'd watch it one more time. It came with a 48-hour rental. I didn't like it as much as the first one though and some of the camera work made me very dizzy. DH liked (shhh) the first movie and mentioned about seeing NM, but he was not impressed with it. I thought he'd go to bed before it was done, but he stuck it out. He was complaining after 1/2 that all they've done is make pouty faces at each other so far. I'll still watch it a few more times, I see something new every time I watch these movies and I already know what happens anyway. Just not that impressed.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

March 22nd, 2010, 5:16 pm #49

Lexilou you are funny. My neighbor had a party to watch the movie over the weekend. I'm afraid I missed it but I look forward to seeing it one of these days. :)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

lexilou
Elite Members

March 22nd, 2010, 6:51 pm #50

I don't think I could watch it with other people. I'd be too tempted to tell them to be quiet all the way through!