KMInfinity
Site Admin

December 6th, 2009, 10:21 pm #31

I liked it much better than the first movie. Make sure you understand this about my opinion, though>>>I am not much of a fan of Bella and Edward, so I was enjoying all the stuff about Jake and the weres. The fight scenes were awesome. I usually love vamps, but not this time. The weres were smokin hot. The actors all seemed more comfortable with their roles too. I actually like nearly everything about the world Meyers imagined except the B-E romance.

Definitely worth the PPV.

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

lexilou
Elite Members

December 6th, 2009, 10:23 pm #32

KMInfinity wrote:I actually like nearly everything about the world Meyers imagined except the B-E romance.

I agree, it's so completely obvious that Edward should be with me! :hearts:

blosslover
Site Admin

December 6th, 2009, 11:07 pm #33

Only half read this thread as a person who has seen the two movies, and has not read the books. I enjoyed the first movie more than the second, but I think the second movie was better than the first. Does that make any sense?

KMInfinity
Site Admin

December 7th, 2009, 2:17 am #34

If you like Bella and Edward, then yes it makes perfect sense. lol
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 7th, 2009, 3:15 pm #35

ty KMInfinity and blosslover....I was kinda thinking that it might be worth it coming from a females opinion :) I finally read all the books and have started on the one she didn't publish from the website about Edward's view of it all. Gotta say, i didn't really care much for Bella till the last book and even then she got on my nerves.

But the weres...yeah...there's my interest lol. Trying not to give anything away to those who didn't read the last book...but sure seems like a whole lotta story left if she wanted to write about something besides Bella and Edward.

anyway...tx again cuz now I'll do the pay per view :)

blosslover
Site Admin

December 7th, 2009, 11:13 pm #36

I think part of it is that the weres were totally new characters to me. Am I the only one who reads the Patricia Briggs were books? I missed the Cullen family in general, as other than Alice they were missing most of the movie, and in the first one I liked the sub plot of what was going on in the woods.

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 8th, 2009, 6:04 pm #37

blosslover...never heard of Patricia Briggs and if it's been posted about..I missed the post. I just went to her website and there are a ton of books she's written....is there a certain set of them that you have read?

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 10th, 2009, 6:24 pm #38

Hi. My name is Jana and I'm an Edward(h)olic. I've bought the first book at the airport as a friend of mine told me about the movie and that she loved it though it's so teen. Then I remember that some of you mentioned it here as your guilty pleasure. I always considered it as a teen thing for girls to love a vampire, you know. But first you here, then the friend. So I was at the airport, looking for a book for the flight and I saw twilight there and I bought it. I went to see my parents, so it was killing me that the first evening we talked and talked and I got late to bed and couldn't read. The next day was better and I finished the book at 3am. I fell in love with Edward and Bella.

Then I decided to buy the rest of the books back home. I ordered NM and Eclipse, but they didn't have NM in stock, so I cancelled the order and made a new one at Amazon. But they still sent me Eclipse from the first one, so I peeked a bit, two chapters. Then I got ebook of NM, so I started reading it. Edward's departure made me to hate the book. Especially when I found out he would be missing most of the book. So I switched back to Eclipse. Finished at 5am. Next day, I started reading BD, e-version again as I could not simply wait for the books to come and they didn't have them in my library.

I've finally finished yesterday evening. So I can breathe again, eat and so on.

I just love the story of Edward and Bella, I know the saga is cheesy, especially BD, but I don't care. I love reading all E&B scenes and moments and enjoy them.

Rationally speaking, a terrible story, she's 17, a kid, he's an old experienced man, no way I would support a relationship like this in RL. The whole concept is ridiculous that he would tell her the secret and the family was OK with it and there are many things that don't fit, but Edward makes up for all these.

Now, the friend who recommended it to me is also reading Eclipse, she skipped the NM as well, I know we're terrible. Another friend of mine saw me reading Twilight and I was like "I know, I'm ashamed, it's for girls, but you have no idea how cute Edward and Bella are together." And her reply: "Hmmmm. Don't care, haven't seen the movies, it's not for me." So, two or three weeks later, she's reading Eclipse, too. After finishing both Twilight and NM (good girl). So the three of us we text and IM each other all the time and you can imagine what we say.

Sorry, it's so long. I'm just too addicted and I could talk about Edward and Bella for ages. Or to use their term - forever :)

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 10th, 2009, 11:08 pm #39

shelle_cr wrote:Hi. My name is Jana and I'm an Edward(h)olic.
Uh hum ... Edward is mine mine mine! LOL! Jenna go read the final books before you start looking at this thread! I mean it!

Oh and by the way I think you will really enjoy how the story turns out. Oops .... my bad.

~~~

I haven't seen the 2nd movie yet. I wasn't a fan of the first movie because I thought it was rushed but I really want to see the 2nd movie soon. Maybe I'll make my husband take me to see it for my birthday. LOL ... poor guy always gets suckered into something he really loathes when it comes to this time of year. :woot:
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 11th, 2009, 12:35 am #40

I hoped that BD was the end for me. Now, I've found Midnight Sun.

Mercy!!!!

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives