lexilou
Elite Members

September 13th, 2009, 2:40 am #21

Wow, I'm surprised your library didn't have them! It was nice of them to order the books for you though!

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 13th, 2009, 12:40 pm #22

Lexilou I'm in a very rural area. The library is about as big as my kitchen. I could go into town to the bigger library but that would take about an hour and I hate driving that long one way. If the other library has the book they can have it sent to mine but they are very nice about buying requested books.

Cheryl
Elite Members

November 11th, 2009, 4:24 am #23

Well, I FINALLY finished the entire series! I must say that of all of them, Breaking Dawn was by far my favorite. I've been stretching it out reading just a few pages at night before I turn the light off because I didn't want it to end.

It was funny.....I soooooo didn't want Bella to turn. But when she did, it was way cool how she wasn't a clutz anymore and was so strong. Her joy and amazement at her newfound powers was reminiscent of the first Spiderman movie when Peter Parker discovers his super spidey powers and runs around testing himself, climbing up buildings and leaping from roof to roof. I loved that!

The pregnancy part was tough. I hate pain, hate watching pain on t.v., and definitely don't like reading about it. But it was necessary because Edward would have never turned her otherwise. I didn't like the kid at first but then she grew on me just like she did everyone else. I can't imagine how they would ever cast Renesmee if and when they do the movie. I hope they find some really cute, genius child actor. The Jacob imprinting thing bothered me for about a minute but that passed rather quickly when I realized it wasn't sexual, but more of a deep love and devotion. I love the werewolves!

So now I need to find another good series to read. I think I may start on the Blood series by Tanya Huff. I loved the t.v. series so you KNOW the books must be good.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

November 11th, 2009, 11:22 am #24

Cheryl wrote: I hope they find some really cute, genius child actor. The Jacob imprinting thing bothered me for about a minute but that passed rather quickly when I realized it wasn't sexual, but more of a deep love and devotion.
Well it's about time you join the fun. I'm glad you liked them. At first I had a hard time with the Jacob imprinting but like you Cheryl I got over it fast.

I just wish there were more in the series.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

lexilou
Elite Members

November 11th, 2009, 11:57 pm #25

The imprinting was weird for me for about a second also. I wasn't sure about Bella turning either and how was that going to happen because Edward did not want to do it, but in the end I was happy with the way everything turned out. While I wish there was more to the series, I was left satisfied with the last book.

Cheryl
Elite Members

November 13th, 2009, 3:51 am #26

Gatekeeper wrote:Well it's about time you join the fun. I'm glad you liked them. At first I had a hard time with the Jacob imprinting but like you Cheryl I got over it fast.

I just wish there were more in the series.
Hey now......better late than never!!! :bunny:

I went ahead and got the first two Blood books off of ebay. I'm really digging the series thing and that one should keep me busy for a long time.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

lexilou
Elite Members

November 13th, 2009, 1:35 pm #27

Please let us know what you think of the Blood books. I haven't read them yet and I'm not sure how I'm going to like those vampires compared to the Cullens.

Deleted User
Deleted User

November 28th, 2009, 1:40 am #28

Has anyone seen the new movie yet? My son took my granddaughter and while she loved it (she's 8), he said it was pretty bad. Said it was too long and that the last 45 mins it started getting a bit better. But thought it would be better if you saw the wolf more.

I just finished reading the last book, Breaking dawn. Thought it also tended to go on and on but it was interesting. I realize she's writing for a younger audience so the draggy parts didn't really bother me that much. I would like to see how it plays out on the big screen.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

December 5th, 2009, 2:03 pm #29

Going to see New Moon today with my sister. I wasn't a big fan of the books, but like that they got some folks reading, especially said sister who now is borrowing better books from me. Yay for that.

Cheryl, the Huff series was excellent. Even better:

Robin McKinley's Sunshine - (one book, so no series) The best vampire book I've ever read.

Barbara Hambly's two books - Those Who Hunt The Night and Dancing With The Dead - I may have recc'ed them before.
iii
iii
iii

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 6th, 2009, 9:36 pm #30

KMInfinity did u go see the movie? What did you think of it? I had been planning on watching when it comes to pay per view but my son thought it was a waste of money and wait for it on HBO.

Curious if it's just a 30 year old male's opinion on what a drag it was.