Timeless

bilki
Site Admin

October 13th, 2016, 1:44 am #1

wrote:So you caught her reference to General Hospital then??
I'd be ashamed of myself if I missed it, lol.
wrote:I know, that was really disturbing about the sister! It was definitely a "wait a minute" moment, gotta she how they pull this off...
And now she has a fiance she doesn't even know! That was good for a laugh.

So far, my favorite scenes have been when Lucy and Garcia Flynn cross each other's path.

I liked the brief argument about (not) going back in time to "fix" Wyatt's dead wife situation but Lucy being motivated by whatever has happened to her sister. I hope we get more of those kinds of discussions. I can already feel myself being more interested in the larger mythology of the show than the quick trips to the past. If only we had some idea why each point in history is significant.
Last edited by bilki on October 13th, 2016, 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

blosslover
Site Admin

October 13th, 2016, 2:36 am #2

I liked the show too. I wonder the same thing, and hope the show last long enough bilki that we'll see why certain points were.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

October 13th, 2016, 9:50 am #3

Yeah there's a ton of potential for character development and mythic development.

But the time travel moments are priceless. A lot of my students are now big fans and they MESSAGED me (we have a closed system Google Chrome world) when Rufus said he was Denzel. (We just watched Glory in class a few weeks ago and kids enacted "deleted scenes.")

Though cranky critics abound. :P

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/other-time ... lay-244006
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

tgir
Site Admin

October 13th, 2016, 11:36 am #4

I'll try to check this out. Have been hearing good things. Time travel always intrigues me and makes my head hurt (figuratively) but this seems worth the effort.

Krystal
Site Admin

October 13th, 2016, 6:11 pm #5

Time travel travel just gives me a headache. So I think I'll pass on this one.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

October 17th, 2016, 2:51 am #6

bilki wrote: So far, my favorite scenes have been when Lucy and Garcia Flynn cross each other's path.
Is that her father?

bilki
Site Admin

October 17th, 2016, 10:15 pm #7

2buddy4u wrote:Is that her father?
That's my theory at this point. And that he's trying to fix something that's important to both of them while she continues to try to thwart his efforts.

bilki
Site Admin

October 19th, 2016, 3:50 pm #8

It was odd to me that they played the I'm-moving-in-with-my-mother scene with such a serious tone. It seemed like a good time to inject a little humor, especially because Lucy doesn't even know her fiance.

And why are they just now trying to find Flynn in the present? I wondered why they weren't even mentioning it after the last two missions.

I liked that Wyatt tried to use the time travel to his advantage by trying to save his wife. I hope there's more to the story than it just didn't work.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 5th, 2016, 10:42 pm #9

Okay, so they have dropped plenty of hints now... Lucy is Flynn's daughter, now let her find out.

bilki
Site Admin

November 6th, 2016, 3:02 pm #10

His name on a piece of paper that we couldn't see or wasn't read aloud was groan-worthy.

I've seen some speculation that he's Lucy's husband from a future timeline, so I guess they could have some trick up their sleeve. I can't figure out how that would work, though.